Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small scope Luna challenge

nightfisher

With cloud all week it cleared last night and tonight. A grueling 2 nights taking around 150 single shots with only 1 shot worthy of posting that had correct overall exposure.

Taken with my Fujifilm 10mp compact digital camera ISO100 -2 exposure, Afocal with the Tasco Galaxsee 60mm refractor fl700mm, Hybrid mirror diagonal and Orion Expanse 1.25" 20mm EP.

Lunar Afocal 20mm Orion Expanse Tasco 60mm Fujifilm 10mp Final 60percent.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another from last night. My first with the 60mm Tak with the 1.7 Q extender, which converts it to f10, on the star adventurer. Thankfully the little mount still seems to handle it ok.

image.jpeg

Well here is my 1st post in this thread, hope to post more when conditions allow :happy7:

Taken on the 16/4/16
Evostar 90
Canon Eos 450D
iso 800
1/60 sec
3 images combined

need to work on my processing :grin:

moon16.4.jpg

Finally managed something to post. Not the best;  it was still relatively light, so I had to process them a bit heavily which has made them look noisy, but the best I have at the moment.

Tak FC-100D with Canon 1000D with AP Barcon.

The last four are of the eclipse and were taken with my iPhone hand held at the eyepiece.

EDIT Sorry, the image order has gone a bit random, hopefully you can work out which is which!! ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is a crop section from near the center of the shot below it, taken on Saturday, April 16th, 2016...

Closeup2_zpstjotetsb.jpg

Here is the original with a little PS CC adjustments...

9FF57C57-99EF-49E7-8B80-BB9AF56CABBC_zps

Here is my rig and associated settings:

Canon EOS Rebel T6i (750D) Unmodified
f/7.1
1/50 sec.
ISO-100
Canon L 100-400 IS USM
2X Extender
800mm Total
Single frame, no stacking
Photoshop CC

Here is another image i took on the 20th April 2016, this time this was done with

Celestron travel scope 70mm
Canon Eos 450d
iso 100
1/40sec
9 images stacked together, i thought it might have turned out a little better, seems to be a little on the soft side,
one thing i did notice thought with DSLR attached, the focus tube moves all over the place when you try and focus :happy7:think it might be a little heavy for it,

lunar70mm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

With the moon around again I thought it time we got some more images on this thread. These are from last night. Handheld iPhone 6 Plus through one channel of a Binoviewer. Tak FC100D on an EQ platform. One showing the whole moon and two crops which were are higher power, sorry for the strange angle!!

I used ProCam 3 to help with focusing and exposure, and processed them gently also on my phone using PS Express.

EDIT The seeing was awful last night, the moon was wobbling like a jelly! The CA may be atmospheric or may come from the Binoviewer. I'll try a shot without soon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Have a couple more to add from earlier tonight, difficult conditions between clouds and light misty skies.

The first is from a Tomy Famisco 60S semi-apo, fl400, f6.6, A-focal with Hybrid mirror diagonal, Celestron 32mm EP, 1 polarising filter, Fujifilm 10mp compact digital camera, ISO 100, -1 exposure.

Tommy Famisco 60S.png

The next photo is taken with a  Tasco 17TR 80mm refractor, fl900, f11.25, A-focal with Hybrid mirror diagonal, unbranded 40mm EP, 1 polarising filter, Fujifilm 10mp compact digital camera, ISO 100, -1 exposure.

Tasco 17TR Hybrid Diag 40mmEP Fujifilm Compact.png

Here's another I took with the 60mm tak at f10 last night on the star adventurer. I've cropped it a bit more than the others. I thought the seeing was quite good, it was very sharp with my 10mm Delos.

image.jpeg

Hi folks, good to be back. 

Here are a few from tonight with different processing in Lightroom showing both 'true color' and B&W. 

A-Focal single shots. ED APO 66MM refractor, Baader 8-28mm Zoom EP, camera tripod, Sigma Merrill DP3M (70mm equivalent lens) 

Paul 

_P3M0020-1600pix.jpg

_P3M0024-1600pix.jpg

_P3M0033-1600pix.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First real clear night suitable for some lunar photography for weeks. Telescope used was a Focal (same as Towa) catadioptric reflector telescope, D=76mm FL=600mm f7.9. Afocal shot with an unbranded 40mm EP and Fujifil budget compact digital camera. This scope gives very nice low magnification views. Photo is a bit noisy, collimation seems to be out just by visually looking at mirror alignment, through focusing tube and focus through eyepiece, so room for improvement all round.

76mm 40mm Unbrand FF10mp 25p_FSK2.png

Archived