NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Such a beautiful Galaxy - NGC7331

theo

The data for this image was taken back in September this year but for some reason I haven't managed to get round to working with it until now. It's been a tough one to process for sure partly due to my fairly light polluted skies and the seeing wasn't the best either. It consists of only around 6 hrs total LRGB integration time but i don't plan on adding anymore to this as I have got to the point where I want to get onto something new if the current weather will ever allow!!

It is a beautiful galaxy though, definitely one of my favorites and sits at the impossible to imagine distance of around 40 million light years. The smaller galaxies in this group are around 10 times further!! 

Hope you like it.

Pete

post-22012-0-83116500-1450120823_thumb.p

Many thanks!!

As well as the numerous fainter galaxies in the background, this galaxy does tend to exibit a lot of depth to the spiral arms giving it that 3d feel and that one of the reasons it appeals to me so much.

Pete.

Archived