Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First solar image, Lunt35 + QHY5II mono

Chris

Finally pulled my finger out and did a bit more than just observing today.

There was some high thin cloud to contend with, and I was using a basic tripod so no tracking. Still, I'm pleased I managed to cobble together a false colour (even if one of my friends thinks it looks like an orange lol)

I don't know what that bright area is all about? it just appeared when I loaded it into AA5 to perform the colour curves.

post-16129-0-95158300-1441998575.png

post-16129-0-09647600-1441998667.png

Sun_11_09_15.tif

These are great :) :) :) I am sure you will get the illumination sorted on the next run. If you have the Histogram active you will see when it is over 100% filled, try and set the exposure to around 80% filled. However that is irrelevant if a solar flare is in progress :)

Alexandra

Thanks for the feedback and encouraging comments everyone :) I think I had my sliders for gamma, exposure etc set a touch too high in EZplanetary. I'll drop them down a bit more next time out and see if things even out :)  

Chris, you might want to give Sharpcap a try. I used EZPlanetary for some time with my QHY5-II mono but recently switched to Sharpcap as I feel it gives me better control. You can also save your settings as profiles for use at next session which is really useful.

I did try FireCapture as well but found Sharpcap more intuitive.

Archived