Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky @ Night new figurehead

Owmuchonomy

Well, I enjoyed tonight's episode due partly to the news of Philae's awakening but also because I thought Matt Taylor presented exceptionally well. Love him or loathe him but he communicated with his peers, colleagues and audience immaculately. A new figurehead maybe. Just my thoughts.

great show,it went so fast "30min not long it be nice to have a hour"but loads of imfo,i think matt did great,.i will have watch it 4 moretimes to take it all in, great shots of the comet.  i look forward to next months ep 750.

I also thought Matt came across very well. As PC though it might sound I really do think it helps his credibility if we don't see all his tattoos on view when he is presenting. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the controversy that surrounded his initial appearance on TV as it is great to have someone who is so passionate about this mission being given the opportunity to explain it to us.

A great episode which I intend re-watching.

I missed it - haven't been much interested in S@N for several months now - just couldn't get on with the format, material,  and presentation style. But it sounds like the program has had a bit of a face lift with this Matt chap - so I'll make a point of watching it soon and give it another chance. :)

I missed it - haven't been much interested in S@N for several months now - just couldn't get on with the format, material,  and presentation style. But it sounds like the program has had a bit of a face lift with this Matt chap - so I'll make a point of watching it soon and give it another chance. :)

It's on again at 11:55pm on Tuesday on BBCFour.

I share your general views on S&N but have done that to death elsewhere on SGL. That said, it is worth noting that Matt only seems to be on this episode because he is the Project Leader - I don't think he is a permanent fixture but perhaps he will become so in the future.

It's on again at 11:55pm on Tuesday on BBCFour.

I share your general views on S&N but have done that to death elsewhere on SGL. That said, it is worth noting that Matt only seems to be on this episode because he is the Project Leader - I don't think he is a permanent fixture but perhaps he will become so in the future.

Thanks Derek - I'll make a point of watching it :)

I thought Matt was superb. I even sent him a tweet saying he should be a presenter. I don't get the fuss about the tattoos. Just because he has something inked on his skin shouldn't portray what kind of person he is..

Totally agree, no way should somebody have to hide themselves because of other peoples issues.

I also agree the guy has something about him that I hope to see more of in the future, if he can set a few kids upon a path of science then that would be excellent.

I thought Matt was superb. I even sent him a tweet saying he should be a presenter. I don't get the fuss about the tattoos. Just because he has something inked on his skin shouldn't portray what kind of person he is..

I completely agree, but the fact remains that people in the public eye, particularly TV presenters and celebrities, are judged as much on their appearance as they are on their competence. Is that fair? Of course not, but it is how it is. I hope Matt is remembered as "the very bright and enthusiastic guy from S&N" rather than "the guy with the tattoos". :smile:

Just watched it and found it to be a very enjoyable episode. lets keep the thread on topic though. feel free to starta thread in the lounge on the merits of tough stickers though :D

I don't know anything about his past, but really liked his style; natural, honest and unscripted. Let's hope he becomes part of the regular team.

James

Totally agree, he gave a breath of fresh air to the S@N. Sadly, I doubt the BBC even noticed how good the show was because of his presence. Can we start a petition ? ;):grin:

Totally agree, he gave a breath of fresh air to the S@N. Sadly, I doubt the BBC even noticed how good the show was because of his presence. Can we start a petition ? ;):grin:

Perhaps we'd best ask him if he's interested in the job first. :D

Ah...but did you not see that Mat Taylor was wearing a heavy metal T-shirt under his sweat shirt....it was possibly even a Motorhead t-shirt. Will this not cause offence and outrage amongst lovers of classical music ??????? :smiley:

.... Mat Taylor was wearing a heavy metal T-shirt under his sweat shirt...

Yes, thought I espied some... umlauts concealed underneath a sober exterior.

Nowt wrong with Motörhead, Mötley Crüe, Queensrÿche... Eh boys AND girls?  :p

I completely agree, but the fact remains that people in the public eye, particularly TV presenters and celebrities, are judged as much on their appearance as they are on their competence. Is that fair? Of course not, but it is how it is.

Does that mean if SPM showed up for a job interview at the BBC nowadays he'd get shown the door  :grin:

Dave

Does that mean if SPM showed up for a job interview at the BBC nowadays he'd get shown the door  :grin:

Dave

I think there'd be a lot of screamming if spm showed up today but anyway, can we not make this thread about tattoos please

Archived