Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Frac

Not mine I'm sad to say, but impressive nonetheless! Visited the Archenhold Observatory last week :)

21m FL, 68cm aperture - F30.88. You'd only need a 16mm EP to reach maximum sensible Mags per inch - 1300x by my reckoning! Apparently they still use the original 19th C EPs.

post-8274-0-16750400-1437037585_thumb.jp

Maybe I should put the rest of my pics in the lounge forum or something.

• Like 12

Amazing diversity of set ups, very absorbing to look though all the pages.

Now, I am also an MTB fanatic, and there are some well understood 'norms' in how you should take a pic of your bike (chain in the big ring at front, little cog at the back, non-drive side crank in line with seat tube, tire logos must line up with the rim... etc etc)  - so with the below pic I am sure I have heinously trodden over those of snapping one's astro-gear. Oh well, here goes!

New TS130 photoline with 3.7" focuser, NEQ6 and Berlebach Planet. Will take some arty new shots and get them uploaded soon.

scope%201_zpsh1bbv84n.jpg

• Like 12

Not mine I'm sad to say, but impressive nonetheless! Visited the Archenhold Observatory last week :)

21m FL, 68cm aperture - F30.88. You'd only need a 16mm EP to reach maximum sensible Mags per inch - 1300x by my reckoning! Apparently they still use the original 19th C EPs.

attachicon.gif20150712_152541.jpg

Maybe I should put the rest of my pics in the lounge forum or something.

Thats a railway gun with glass!

Awesome :)

• Like 2

Arrived yesterday!

All looks safe 'n' sound - will have to test once back from holiday...

Rang TEC and spoke to Yuri to thank him for such a fine scope - will be my last!

Initial impressions are that she's not much longer or heavier than the 4" Tak and has a far less reflective lens... I wonder if that's the oil spacing...?

TEC have gone back to the FeatherTouch focuser but with some design changes taken from their own in-house focuser that's no longer made.

Damian

post-4105-0-27503300-1437066754_thumb.jp

post-4105-0-90163400-1437066760_thumb.jp

post-4105-0-08129100-1437066766_thumb.jp

post-4105-0-02644100-1437066774_thumb.jp

post-4105-0-49216200-1437066784_thumb.jp

• Like 17

Both of these guns have appeared here before but this evening they are sitting on their new SkyTee-II with ADM shoes :grin:

post-33858-0-02523300-1437067110.jpg

Unfortunately, the sky doesn't look too impressed :sad:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 8

@Takman, that looks lovely cheers err Damian.

@DRT, Two lovely garden canons. The mount for the third scope is on the left of the 150, if there are no bolts in there, that is where it mounts. I find it more convenient to put the bigger scopes at the ends on saddles and use a smaller in the middle on the puck.

@TDRT, Two lovely garden canons. The mount for the third scope is on the left of the 150, if there are no bolts in there, that is where it mounts. I find it more convenient to put the bigger scopes at the ends on saddles and use a smaller in the middle on the puck.

Thanks, Damian, I'll have a look at the side mount. I put the longer 150 on top thinking it would give me a relatively consistent EP height with the ST150 but having now mounted and unmounted both I agree that the side mounts are probably better for the big scopes. I might try to find a way to mount my Polarex-Unitron 60mm on the top puck as a "Heritage Finder" :grin:

• Like 1

Thanks... Damian!

When I said it was my "last scope"... well, that's the wife speaking!

I do have a spare dovetail for the Nova Hitch mount though - better not tell 'dearest' that, hey!

Damian

That would be a nice brace Mike .. Hwyl!

@Takman, you need a skytee II, I have three scopes mounted on it, so you could have room for two more, Derek is not far behind...

Edited by damnut

Thanks... Damian!

When I said it was my "last scope"... well, that's the wife speaking!

I do have a spare dovetail for the Nova Hitch mount though - better not tell 'dearest' that, hey!

Damian

I have a Half /Hitch Mark II, should have got a spare dovetail.   :undecided:

Here are a couple of pics of my latest scope. I've only ever used one other scope, an Orion Optics 200mm reflector, which I used for some great deep sky imaging. I wanted to try to image some larger nebula so decided on this short fl 65mm quad. I havent used it in anger yet but test shots I got yesterday show pin sharp stars to the edge of the ccd so I've got my fingers crossed for some good results when the skies finally clear.

Cheers

Neil

9920603365aaf904d29ff1cd49db46cc.jpgf13a6654d6b5f0ab4d1ba1fdbe1402ee.jpg

• Like 5

This topic is as good as any astronomy book, it just gets me wanting a scope upgrade even more every time I visit.

Really nice scopes here too many to mention but a big thank you to everyone who has shared their Frac with us.

Clear Skies,

Fondofchips.

I love looking at this page. There are some amazing set ups. I recently sold a 200P Newt purely so I could get a 102mm 'frac! I'm ordering it next week and will put up some pics :D

I'm moving onto astro imaging and figured fracs are the way forward. I'll definitely be getting a large dob or something next year for visual use, but fancied trying something different :)

• Like 1