Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

star party in Grassington/Ingleton **

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MOST IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

It is looking highly likely that a change of venue will take place, i viewed the campsite today and felt it was not ideal for a few reasons, then on my way back i found this site   https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/North_East/North_Yorkshire/Settle/orcaber-caravan-and-camping-site/

and it seems to offer a lot more for a very reasonable charge, the couple of people that want to bring camper vans are catered for, very peaceful and a pleasant spot to spend a few days, i spoke with the owner a very helpful chap, but we will need to confirm who is going as we can only have 21 tents on site, and i need to email Neil to see what bookings he already has if any 

• 2 weeks later...

As i dont have enough time to keep driving out to this area to check out possible venues, we will be going to the original site, Moorgarth campsite.

I was hoping we would get enough confirmed attendees to be able to fully book the site, but this would be a risk, and could end up with myself having to find a fair sum of mney to make up any short fall, so the best option is to just pay individual prices, the owner is going to warn any non star party campers that we will be in the main field, and only offer them the second field, so this should work out well for us.

As we have 2 possible camper vans coming, i dont see that we can have any other vans/caravans so just tents from now on

don't forget I am travelling in a van, but camping in a tent (new one arrived yesterday)

I am also planning on visiting Ingleton Falls this weekend, and thought I may as well camp up there so am planning on staying at moorgarth.

will report back

don't forget I am travelling in a van, but camping in a tent (new one arrived yesterday)

I am also planning on visiting Ingleton Falls this weekend, and thought I may as well camp up there so am planning on staying at moorgarth.

will report back

Excellent, i look forward to your view on the site, its basic but will do the job, and yes you will be able to park the van in the parking area, you will see the set up when you get there

Hi Jules.

What's the booking process, do we book individually at this stage with the site and state that we're with the SGL party or are you confirming numbers with them?

Ta

Fozzie

Anyone coming from/past Coventry way up for a car share with room for a bivvy and a leetle bitty tiny weeny C8? In fact I could put said C8 on my lap and tripod between my legs if needed so really just one spare seat with a bit of leg room ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jules, Yes the 150P is installed, after a little bit of work, atop the modded Tal 1 mount I bought a few weeks ago. Needed an additional small Tal balance weight, which I just happened to have! It looks well and seems to move around very smoothly. The collimation is way off. Looks like someone has tried to correct is purely on the primary, when the secondary is well out. A job for this afternoon originally, but I think I'm running behind on other things. I've not used a crayford before and it seemed a bit stiff at first until I discovered the tensioner. Slackened off it was very smooth. Tempted to slacken off a little more and I then understood about crayfords slipping! I'll probably, at some point, do the oil stone grinding fix on it. So not tested yet but it should be good, collimation withstanding. The 150P is certainly a hike up, build quality wise, from the smaller reflectors I have although the Tal1 OTA is a quite a chunk of metal for a 110. Hopefully I'll be able to bring the 150P along in August. I'll be in touch re the EP when optics are lined up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all  / Jules.   Any spots left for this meet up.  I've just booked the Friday off from work.  Hopefully a 2 night stop for me.

Use the link to Moorgarth Campsite as per earlier posts. ???

Thx   John

Yes still room at the inn so to speak, glad you can make it, i could do with the people that would like to come confirming if they will be attending

Archived