SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

star party in Grassington/Ingleton **

I think their phone is a bit pot luck. I spoke with a man or a woman (not sure which) and they were really quite nice and helpful. This was after several attempts. They seem pretty relaxed about booking though, so I doubt you'll have any issues.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to confess i still have not booked  :eek: but i am going and i think they understand its pretty much a case of turn up and pay, might try ringing them tomorrow and sorting a few things out, also looking like i might be there thursday onwards but will have to pop out friday afternoon to pick up Claire

Shane is your's the Baader HW??

My Lunt 1.25 HW will defo be coming along for the for the festivities..

Should be some interesting equipment comparisons going around.. And if anyone see's me anywhere near an ethos & large Dob combo you have my permission to smack the back of my head, last thing I need is aperture fever for the next few months..

Ta

Fozzie

Hi Steve

No I have the same as you. One day I might get the baader one but not finding the need yet. Maybe one for my 50th in Feb 17 but would prefer a bf10 for the ha scope first.

I should have my TAL, my 150 Mak and 130p ds, will plan on bringing both skytee 2 and EQ5 as i hope to get started on video imaging, i have sorted a power supply for my laptop and video cam

Might try and sneak in the pst too.

Will be needing to have a look through this Mr Moonshane...

I will have the Skytee2 200p & F11 with full EP case, excessive 4 man tent, sleeping bag, cooker, beans, bread and a part finished bottle of whisky..

Should be a great weekend..

Ta

Fozzie

I'll bring the Tal125r for certain and the Skylight 4" f13 if I can fit it in too. Red tent, a bottle of rum and a trangia and some packet food, tea and coffee and biccies:). Oh and a motley collections of random eps to peer at things through.

Need to get some more batteries for my red headtorch thingy; don't want to upset any astronomers ;)

I'll bring the Tal125r for certain and the Skylight 4" f13 if I can fit it in too. Red tent, a bottle of rum and a trangia and some packet food, tea and coffee and biccies:). Oh and a motley collections of random eps to peer at things through.

Need to get some more batteries for my red headtorch thingy; don't want to upset any astronomers ;)

Nice one, do you know if you can make both nights?

I'd read the no dogs rule, Jules, but its a good reminder.  A shame really as I  have a little friend who would have loved to have come, still, can't have everything, just my astro-gear to share the van with! Speaking of which I'll probably be bringing most of what I have plus the proverbial kitchen sink as it currently tends to live in the camper to aid easier deployment. Some have mentioned the odd bottle of something or other - my tolerance to an evening drink is very limited these days, so if I bring a bottle of malt it may need a little help.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and maybe learn a thing or two. Maybe get some astronomy in too.

Can any person that is attending this little do please contact the campsite and book with the owner if you have not already done so, you dont pay till you arrive but it seems they would like to get an idea how many will be attending

Unfortunately I am not going to make it now,  my sister is fairly seriously ill in hospital so I cannot be too far away,

I have not cancelled my booking with the campsite yet, so if anyone not booked wants to use mine,  PM me and I will give you my name

Okay, i will be setting of for this little star camp, pretty soon, sorry guys but the weather is not looking as good as we hoped, you can organize an event but we will always be at the mercy of the weather gods, i did consider sacrificing a virgin to appease the gods, but virgins are pretty hard to find in and around Bradford :rolleyes:

I will only be taking my TAL as i dont see the point of lugging kit out for the fun of it, maybe this will help turn the weather and i might find i wished i brought more scope`s  :cool:  

Hi Jules,

I'm planning on being there around 3pm on Friday, I too have decided that just the frac is in order, and a very big blanket!

Irrespective of the weather, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for arranging, hopefully I speak for all that will be attending.

I think the last virgin I saw was the film dragnet, and even then I have my doubts that it wasn't just scripted.

See you all soon..

Ta

Fozzie

Oh might need a hand with the tent if anyone is kind enough! :smiley:

Archived