SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

star party in Grassington/Ingleton **

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much will depend on what time I finish work - hoping to be there 7 -ish but at least with the camper I do not have to wrestle with flapping canvas. That said, it looks like Fozzie is going to need all the help he can get with that tent. I assume it must have indoor plumbing. Jacuzzi Hot Tub?

I should suspect not.. weather has not played ball at all, forcast cloud and rain again this after and this evening so we've decided to call it and head home.. shame really but everything was just damp in the end!

Would like to add, great to meet everyone, thanks to Jules for arranging!

Keep dry and warm.

Ta

Fozzie

To second Fozzie's comments, indeed good to meet everyone and thanks again to Jules for the work he put in to organise it all. When I left Ingleton the clouds were rolling in. Within half an hour of getting home to a very surprised wife, and dogs, the sun was cracking the flags - someone up there having a laff?  The forecast for later though is pretty dire - you cannot be held responsible for the weather Jules! Weather (1) Star Party (0) but this is probably just the first in a "test series" so who knows where that could lead.

Would be interested of any developments. I've done quite a bit of walking around the dales so know it pretty well (though by no means an authority!) so if I can be of any help give a PM. I found the EMS4 do that you mentioned visiting Nidderdale on the 9/10th October (I think). That's a provisional possible if gate crashers are allowed. Still be good to do something home grown though. Thanks again.

cheers again Jules for sorting the venue etc. great to meet everyone new and old.

special thanks to Jules and Ian for helping me get the van started. it seems that the fridge should only run off the mains if on hook up, gas if available or 12v from the starter battery only if running through a relay. quite how it managed to flatten the battery when not running I have no idea.

I have made a mental note to never use 12v for the fridge again!

Glad you made it home (I assume) and good to meet up. The joys of glamping! The true campers (sleeping on terra firma, earwigs in the porridge and all that) may claim the slightly higher ground on this occasion, but just wait until the frosts start to nip and the condensation freezes on the inside of the flysheet. Want to come in for a coffee guys?

Hello all. Think best to see this as a " test run" as suggested. Good to put names to faces. Weather back home has been lovely. Typical

Big thanks to Jules re the arrangements. A 2nd "attempt" would be in my diary for sure.

Regards to everyone John

Hope you all made it home safe. Big storm just passed over head here in York!

Marki, in a way im glad you did not make it, i felt some what guilty that the people that turned up had such awful weather........but it would have been good to catch up and have a look through the big TAL

Archived