SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

star party in Grassington/Ingleton **

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see this as a problem, vehicles are parked away from the tents, would you be using a tent or wanting to kip in the van?

Using my tent, although after last nights torrential rain up in Keilder, it might be more use as a paddling pool lol

That's the 21st booked off work...

Jules, assume we are contacting the camp site directly and quoting the "SGL Ingleton Star Party" or are we getting numbers together and making a block booking?

Ta

Fozzie

That's the 21st booked off work...

Jules, assume we are contacting the camp site directly and quoting the "SGL Ingleton Star Party" or are we getting numbers together and making a block booking?

Ta

Fozzie

At this stage its undecided, i plan on spending a couple of nights on site this coming weekend and having a talk with the owner to sort out all of this

Hi Jules, just tuned in. That looks good. Ingletons a nice spot too. I think I could bring the camper (not a posh one!) up for  maybe one of the nights but would be happy to pay for the two if that's how it works out. I'll work out if it clashes with any other family commitments and let you know asap.

I may be interested in this. Many years ago I worked at York Uni and still have a few friends up there, so I may combine the two. It's always a pain trying to find quite dark sky campsite in August because of all the crowds. If you find one with electrical hook up, I  will give it serious consideration.

Hi Jules, looking like a thumbs up so count me in! Thinking of nice clear dark skies (pleeease) will there be a ban on attendees not purchasing any gear for a few weeks before hand? If so I'd better plan ahead.

Just checked out Stellarium to see what was up. On the 22nd the Moon and Saturn are less than 2 degrees apart, early evening before they set. 

Hi Jules, looking like a thumbs up so count me in! Thinking of nice clear dark skies (pleeease) will there be a ban on attendees not purchasing any gear for a few weeks before hand? If so I'd better plan ahead.

Just checked out Stellarium to see what was up. On the 22nd the Moon and Saturn are less than 2 degrees apart, early evening before they set. 

If you mean purchasing any cloud forming astro gear, then get it all bought now!

you will have to park your camper in the car parking area, but the way i see it we can park the couple of campers, and then set camp in the same vicinity if that makes sense, thanks to every one that has put their name down so far, but we still need a few more to be able to go exclusive on the site, so keep them coming

I have the first two weeks booked off work for a visit from the in-laws. I've planned for them to meet with my family in Scarborough for the first time, so if this star party goes ahead during those two weeks, I'll arrange it so they coincide and you can then count me in!

Good, lets hope you can make it  :grin:

I still dont know if we are going to get enough people commit, so that we can have exclusive on the camp site, it would be rather nice if this happens.

I will be having another talk with the owners in the next few days to sort a few more things out, i am hoping they might be able to make available some kind of power supply in case people need to charge power tanks

Hi Jules, this may not help much but on even a basic site I'm used to paying more (much in some places) for a pitch for the camper so I'd be happy to up the costs. If astro-campers were prepared to up things just a bit it might just tip the balance as and when a few more sign up. Just thinking out loud people, not twisting arms! 

This event will be a nice friendly get together, with some good luck we will have a couple of nights of good clear skies, and during the day we will have social gathering, and chit chat.

Its a nice area for countryside and walks, and just relaxing 

Archived