Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Delite - new Televue 62 deg 7mm, 11mm, 18.2mm

YKSE

Double Wow Bill,  words like, sound beating against a XW on planetary is something you don't come across, it is the sort of news I was hoping to hear but that means I may well have to buy some and be potless in the UK again.

Alan

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice from the Tele Vue website that the 3 Delites currently offered share the same parfocal group as the TV plossls and number of other TV ranges . These eyepiece reach focus around 8 - 10mm further out than most other eyepiece types which might make a difference to those interested in binoviewing them.

I notice from the Tele Vue website that the 3 Delites currently offered share the same parfocal group as the TV plossls

That is excellent news as I am planning to use them to replace my Plossls for lightweight 1.25" EPs :grin:

Just received a pair of 7mm delite, so it will be my delite to test them in my binoviewer tonight (I hope)

After just reading BillP's review I think you'll be very pleased. Congrats, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on :)

I will be interested to hear if the undercuts caused any problem for you in proper seating in the binoviewer and merging when you locked them in place.  Undercuts many times can cause this issue in binoviewing.

That is pretty much my way of thinking, I've cleared my 3mm Radian because a very recent buyer of my Naglers wanted it and the chance of selling it here are less than finding Jamie Oliver in my kitchen.

Ideally I would like a 4mm and maybe a 5.5mm if they are as good as Bill states that list could get larger.

Alan

I arrived home at 02:30 from a trip to Poland and found these bad boys waiting for me...

post-33858-0-74354600-1439259403_thumb.j

I have included the H57 Universal Standard Eyepiece Measure to give a sense of scale. I was surprised how big they are!

Looking forward to using them soon :grin:

Very interesting indeed. I found the Delos 8 focuses at a very different plane compared to the two XWs I have, which means that I do not use it as much as it deserves. Switching to a (parfocal) Delos/Delite set-up might be interesting (as there is no 7mm Delos, and I love the 7mm for planetary in the old C8).

That's one of the reasons I was keen to get these, Michael. The Delos EPs worked excellently in my Lunt 50Ha and these are apparently parafocal with that range. The Panoptic 24mm is something I might buy later as it is also in the same parafocal group. Not easy to get EPs that work well with the Lunt due to the very short focus travel.

I just had a quick look through the 18.2mm in my Lunt 50Ha.

The focuser was still locked in position from the last time I had my Ethos 8mm in it and the DeLite 8.2mm required no adjustment - it was bang on focus at the same setting :smile:

First impressions are that the large eye lens and good eye relief make these EPs very comfortable to use with a large, clear, bright and sharp image. This is the first EP I have had in the Lunt that allowed me to see proms all the way around the disk simultaneously. When using the Ethos 8mm and Delos 10mm (amongst others) I have to move parts of the limb into the sweet spot to make the proms stand out. The DeLite 18.2mm seems to have a massive sweet spot that is consistent across almost the entire FOV. It also showed great surface detail, which might be more of a function of the low power, but that combined with the all round prom views makes this the best EP I have owned for use with this scope :grin:

If the clouds clear I will give the others a go.

One negative I have noticed already is that the chrome nose pieces of the DeLites begin to unscrew from the body remarkably easily. This is particularly noticeable when trying to adjust the eye guards and I could see a late night adjustment attempt ending in the tinkling of glass around your feet if not careful. Why these barrels (and others in the TV range) are not glued in place baffles me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Browsing the stalls yesterday at Kelling Heath, I came across the TV Delites being sold at the discounted price of £199 and was unable to resist the 7mm. I very nearly did, but a guy next to me was caressing an 18.2 and clearly wrestling with the decision, as indeed was I with the 7mm, and with  a grin, but barely a word, we goaded each other into the decision !

My wife who was loitering near enough to witness my weakness, said  as I approached " you've bought the 7mm TV haven't you" ........ I must talk in my sleep! :eek:

Archived