Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Delite - new Televue 62 deg 7mm, 11mm, 18.2mm

YKSE

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll keep an eye out in the classifieds Derek:-) ...Enjoy, when they arrive.

i am beginning to wonder if I really need that 31mm Nagler. I don't think it has been in a focuser since the 21mm Ethos arrived.

Watch this space...

Derek

Don't make hastey judgments on the 31mm Nagler, I was all for getting rid of mine until the Sumerian came along, now I much prefer it over the slightly larger field shown by the 41mm Panoptic in that scope. It's funny how with me I really like some of my eyepieces in some scopes but not in others. In the LX it is the opposite.

You never know when another scope may become irresistable.

Alan

Don't make hastey judgments on the 31mm Nagler

Very sound advice, Alan.

I have been thinking about it for a while and have not yet convinced myself to let it go. Given that I usually make these decisions very quickly that is telling me I should keep it :grin:

Moving on the 31mm Nagler does occur to me from time to time since I've had the 21 Ethos but I've read too many times of folks who have done just that only to then have to re-buy the big Nagler.

Derek

Don't make hastey judgments on the 31mm Nagler, I was all for getting rid of mine until the Sumerian came along, now I much prefer it over the slightly larger field shown by the 41mm Panoptic in that scope. It's funny how with me I really like some of my eyepieces in some scopes but not in others. In the LX it is the opposite.

You never know when another scope may become irresistable.

Alan

Alan,

the 41Panoptic porvides 8mm exit pupil in your f5 Sumerian with paracorr, no wonder it gives less pleasing view comparing to 31 Nagler's more reasonable 5mm exit pupil. :smiley:

I would definitely hang on to the 31mm Derek. There are times when it does have advantages over the 21e.

At SGLX, Steve, Mike and I all agreed that the Crescent Nebula looked better in the 31Nag.

I would definitely hang on to the 31mm Derek. There are times when it does have advantages over the 21e. At SGLX, Steve, Mike and I all agreed that the Crescent Nebula looked better in the 31Nag.

I have banished such thoughts from my head, Stu - the hand grenade will stay in the case :smiley:

For me the 31mm Nagler is my Veil Nebula eyepiece. With my 4" refractor it shows the whole thing with some room at the edges. With the 21mm Ethos the E & W segments of the nebula are bumping against the field stop which is not so satisfactory.

Until someone actually looks through a DeLite eyepiece I'm not sure there is much more to say on the subject matter of the thread anyway !

John, hopefully I can put that right in the not too distant future - and in the meantime my T5 31mm Nagler is staying put!

:grin:

John, hopefully I can put that right in the not too distant future - and in the meantime my T5 31mm Nagler is staying put!

:grin:

Yes, I saw you had placed the order :smiley:

Calvin,

We both have the same sized scopes and I find both 21mm E and 31mm n  De-lite ( back on topic). I feel the focal length differene between our two scopes could well account for the different tastes here as the 31mm is more of a finder and I do have good sky, well when it's clear which has not been that often so far in May.

I think they have to be careful where they price these De-lites as Delos are far from a push over and are always going to be a better Dobsonian eyepiece purely due to the wider field. If there is little difference in perform and price I think many may well either buy Delos new or cheaper S/H. Though I can't buy any more unless I go bino viewing.

Alan

i really cant see the point of a £500 finderscope...cheaper buying a little frac!..back on topic, this is a backwards step imho...with being a 100* junkie looking down a new drinking straw doesnt make sense... :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:

Calvin,

A drinking straw. I see that an eyepiece with a 62 degree field would not whet the palette of many Dobsonian owners especially if they own Ethis or the like, I was not over fussy with the Panoptics in mine and the thought of trying an ortho made me go weak at the knees. I feel the main De-lite customer base will be people with driven scopes and with planetary interests.

alan

i really cant see the point of a £500 finderscope...cheaper buying a little frac!..back on topic, this is a backwards step imho...with being a 100* junkie looking down a new drinking straw doesnt make sense... :icon_scratch:  :dontknow:

With respect Cal I don't see the Delite as a backwards step. It simply isn't aimed at the same target market as the Ethos or Nagler. 

I won't be buying any but thats because they don't appeal to my taste. I don't like the narrow fields offered by eyepieces like this, but that is a personal thing. 

I doubt  very much whether TV are going to produce any new eyepiece that are a compromise or backwards step in terms of optical performance. 

As said before, the thing that doesn't make sense to me is the pricing. At £265 on TH website, I would go for the Delos every time, but at <=£200 they would make sense. The more compact design could be appealing too.

Derek, don't let them sway your mind you really want to sell the 31mm :evil:

Yes. It'll be only worth about £50 now that Televue have brought out the Delites .....

Best sell it quickly.

Paul

Archived