Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Delite - new Televue 62 deg 7mm, 11mm, 18.2mm

YKSE

Browsing the stalls yesterday at Kelling Heath, I came across the TV Delites being sold at the discounted price of £199 and was unable to resist the 7mm. I very nearly did, but a guy next to me was caressing an 18.2 and clearly wrestling with the decision, as indeed was I with the 7mm, and with  a grin, but barely a word, we goaded each other into the decision !

My wife who was loitering near enough to witness my weakness, said  as I approached " you've bought the 7mm TV haven't you" ........ I must talk in my sleep! :eek:

That guy was me Saganite :-) I almost got you to pay for both :-)

After resding the S&t review in sept issue my mind was made up, I was wrestling with which one to buy to fill the 2 gaps in my Vixen lvw collection, so I went for the 18.2 eventually.

I managed to test it that night on a host of Aquila double stars on which it performed superbly. The next dsy I tried it through the lunt 60 and was well pleased.

Quality wise its good, not that much better than the Vixen lvw but the sharpness of the stars is right up to the field stop

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Phil,

I had no idea that I would walk away with that eyepiece, but I did know it was a bad idea to pick it up !

I managed in the brief time between dark, and cloud cover to try the Delite on M15 and it was sharp right across, field stop to field stop, and really bright and crisp. I have just sold my LVW 8MM to Chris, reasoning that it  would get even less use, though it was also a lovely eyepiece, it was quite large and heavy. This would not be the first sale preceding regret,but we will see !

Glad you are pleased with your purchase, it is a favoured focal length with me, but I am tempted by the Morpheus 14 and 17.5, losing the 16mm Nagler along the way.

STEVE

I feel for you Derek, I think I would be getting " hairless". I barely got in some time with the 7mm, but it is a lovely eyepiece and I am eager to use it again and on different targets.

Thanks. The most frustrating time was when I took them to the Isle of Skye for two weeks {under fabulous dark skies!} and when I go there I discovered that none of the scopes I had taken with me would reach focus with them because I had only taken high-hat style 2"-1.25" reducers so didn't have enough inward focus  :sad:

Thanks. The most frustrating time was when I took them to the Isle of Skye for two weeks {under fabulous dark skies!} and when I go there I discovered that none of the scopes I had taken with me would reach focus with them because I had only taken high-hat style 2"-1.25" reducers so didn't have enough inward focus  :sad:

I thought the Delite's were the same par focal group as most other 1.25" Tele Vues, group B I think TV call it :icon_scratch:

They usually need around 8mm - 10mm more outwards focuser travel than many others.

I thought the Delite's were the same par focal group as most other 1.25" Tele Vues, group B I think TV call it :icon_scratch:

They usually need around 8mm - 10mm more outwards focuser travel than many others.

Perhaps it was the Talisker 25 yr old, John, but I just couldn't use them with my 150mm f8 and the other kit I had with me.

I'll give it another go at home when the clouds clear and report back.

What I do know, as mentioned above, is that they are parafocal with the Ethos 8mm as I was swaping them all in and out of my Lunt 50Ha without touching the focuser.

Archived