Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delite - new Televue 62 deg 7mm, 11mm, 18.2mm

YKSE

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the price is somewhere around £150 (or lower) and the optical charactistics Delos-like I can see these proving popular :smiley:

Wonder if we will see an "EthoLite" with an ~80 degree FoV, 17mm of eye relief etc, etc ?

Basically a new Radian then. Although if it is a narrower Ethos then yummy.

Sounds exactly like that, although I was thinking Delos, so a narrower version of the narrower Ethos! Or a Super Plossl.....

I note the 18mm is actually a fair bit heavier than the 19mm Panoptic which has a much wider aFOV than the new EPs, so they're no lightweights, although not exactly heavy in the grand scale of things.

18, 11, 9, 7, 5.5, 3.5mm lengths if 2x Barlowed which is a really handy spread and has got travel/holiday kit written all over it with a short frac. Doesn't make sense with a 2.5x Powermate as the multipled FLs clash. I wonder if a new Barlow is on the horizon too? It's one of the older pieces of kit in the line-up.

I'm guessing £230-250 each, give or take, depending on focal length.

Russell

That image shows TV as the source and it's only 7 hours old.

I see they're still resisting a decent undercut....

That said, all of my TV Plossls (with both new and old undercuts) work famously with all of my current accessories. Why did my Delos always end up on the squiff?

Russell

More grist to the mill:

gallery_10522_1902_22940.jpg

Defo Delos eyeguard/cup and may I postulate they're all the same with the distance to the leading Smyth doublet being the difference?

Going to be very popular in binoviewer land. Oh dear! I just jumped on that wagon.....

Russell

Archived