Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2015

Freff

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Tony for sorting the star party out and I'd also like to thank the people who supported this event and a special thank you to the entertainment {the Dob Mob} for the light show and blazing saddles impersonations it was a blast literally! :grin:  :grin: :grin:  

Lenny

Thanks to Tony for sorting the star party out and I'd also like to thank the people who supported this event and a special thank you to the entertainment {the Dob Mob} for the light show and blazing saddles impersonations it was a blast literally! :grin:  :grin: :grin:  

Lenny

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks again to Tony for organising and to everyone else for being such good company this weekend. Shame we didn't get to use the scopes but I still enjoyed myself regardless. Only 12 months until the next one.....

James

Well I managed to get home after the Export aka burger van decided to have a blow out on the M50!! & the resulting carnage underneath was the floor, wheel arch, part of the dinette area & one of the cupboards have been damaged :mad: maybe more damage but won't know until it gets opened up.

Blow%20out%2001_zpseep8iygg.jpg

Blow%20out%2003_zpsly4ygnht.jpg

Blow%20out%2002_zpsuhli1igy.jpg

Thanks to Tony for organising another great event & they didn't work :sad: if you know what I mean. Still been a blast & a cracking week & definitely worth going if just for the entertainment by the dob mob :grin: It were great catching up & see you all at SGL & SW5 next year :tongue:
Also thanks for all your help everyone especially after my back went on Saturday much appreciated.

Well I managed to get home after the Export aka burger van decided to have a blow out on the M50!! & the resulting carnage underneath was the floor, wheel arch, part of the dinette area & one of the cupboards have been damaged :mad: maybe more damage but won't know until it gets opened up.

Blow%20out%2001_zpseep8iygg.jpg

Blow%20out%2003_zpsly4ygnht.jpg

Thanks to Tony for organising another great event & they didn't work :sad: if you know what I mean. Still been a blast & a cracking week & definitely worth going if just for the entertainment by the dob mob :grin: It were great catching up & see you all at SGL & SW5 next year :tongue:

Also thanks for all your help everyone especially after my back went on Saturday much appreciated.

what a shame titch and a nightmare, hope your ok though, typical with your back out as well mate

I think the SW star parties have it on for me lol  as SW1 the brake pad lining decided to spit itslef out of the caliper, SW2 all ok, SW3 bottom pulley on car started to fall to bits on the way home but managed to just limp home then this happens this year lol, hopefully that's it now. :p

Man that kinda sucks mate :(

Hope it's not as bad as you think when you get it open.

Well from what i could see through the gaping hole it wasn't looking good Steve but I know it can be repaired as it's had the same happen on the other side before I'd brought it. Still I do have Burger Van 2 to fall back on!! :grin:

IMAG0997_zpsqtju4ekg.jpg

Yes thanks all, I had a really nice time even if the clouds were predominant (although I did get a smidgen of observing on Wednesday evening :) ). We had some good conversations in the evenings and as ever, it's all about the social and stars are a bonus.

Sorry for bailing early but I was shattered - turns out I was coming down with a cold :(

Yes thanks all, I had a really nice time even if the clouds were predominant (although I did get a smidgen of observing on Wednesday evening :) ). We had some good conversations in the evenings and as ever, it's all about the social and stars are a bonus.

Sorry for bailing early but I was shattered - turns out I was coming down with a cold :(

You should of had more Scotch, that would have kept you cold at bay!!!!  :smiley:

Many thanks to everyone for making this event another successful one despite the cloud cover. :clouds1:

Clearly it's the people who make this star party the success it is, and not just the skies.

A big thanks to Dai for providing the Events Shelter, :icon_salut:  it added a new dimension to the star party. I hope we can get it again.

Also to everyone who continue to support this event, some who travel half way across the country a big thank you.

A big thank you to Bob's partner for the lovely Lemon cake....what a treat, and to Mick and Jill for all the nibbles during the evening " talks ", not forgetting Kevin and Paul for the Whisky chasers. :happy7:

Sorry to hear your incident on the way home Tich, that's all you needed with a duff back. Hope it is an easy fix. I'm surprised the Tabs didn't work. Probably neutralized by the Scrumpy. :grin:

Planning is already underway for next year, I hope you can all make it again.

At least I got home safe & sound which is the main thing & it can be repaired, I do have some mates who have some spare parts knocking around for it so fingers crossed it'll be back at some point, I can't see me getting it repaired for a while just yet as I've the other one to sort out for Hereford although it could be used as is.
My back is getting better now I've rested up for a couple of days so looks like I'll be back to the grind tomorrow uuurgh.

See you all again soon!!

• 6 months later...

Archived