SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2015

Freff

I am pleased to announce that the South Wales Group (SWG) have arranged our fourth Star Party again at the superb Pencelli Castle Caravan & Camping Park. Sited in the Brecon Beacons National Park and Dark Sky Reserve, this location offers some truly dark skies which are excellent for observing and imaging. The main nights will be Thurs 15th, Fri 16th and Saturday 17th October 2015. The New Moon is on 13th October. The Oaks has been reserved from Monday 12th to Saturday 17th inclusive. Anyone wanting additional nights outside these dates will have to let me know. 

Pitches and hard standings (about 25) have been reserved for us in the Oaks area. All pitches have EHU and have the least obstructed views of the night sky. If bookings exceed the pitches on the Oaks, there is the Meadows area that can be used for tents only and has no EHU. This area also offers excellent views.  The Meadows cannot be booked until the Oaks have been filled. This will avoid unfilled pitches on the Oaks being used by the public during the event.

Bookings this year will be made directly through me. This will avoid any difficulties contacting the camp site wardens or any confusion between their booking list and ours. Payments for your pitch can be paid on arrival at the Pencelli Castle.  Please Do Not Contact The Caravan Park for Bookings, They Will Not Have Our Pitch Allocations.

When booking please PM me your SGL name and real name for our records/planning. Your real name will be forwarded to the campsite for their registration/booking. Also your preferred pitch if you have one. Pitch allocations will be posted on the forum in your SGL name as they come in.

At present these are the pitches that have already been booked.

Mr Fibble...11

Redross...7

Freff...12

Lennylovit...25

Garethmob...4

Tich...29

L8-Nite...6

KevUU...10

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me either email or PM.

We hope you can make it to the South Wales Group Fourth Star Party and look forward to seeing you.  

Pencelli Castle Information.pdf

Site Plan.pdf

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Hi estwing.

The numbers are 13 I think, but it's still early yet. There seems to be a bit of a lull in the forums at present.

That reminds me, I need your surname and the others in the dobmob  who's coming for the bookings. I'm at the site on Saturday to make sure everything is ok and give them the latest names and numbers. Perhaps you could PM them to me please.

Hi estwing.

The numbers are 13 I think, but it's still early yet. There seems to be a bit of a lull in the forums at present.

That reminds me, I need your surname and the others in the dobmob  who's coming for the bookings. I'm at the site on Saturday to make sure everything is ok and give them the latest names and numbers. Perhaps you could PM them to me please.

calv obviously me faulksy and steve swampthing. might be a few more yet as well

Tony,we the dobmob will want to be in the medows,so will book when the oaks is full...plus you may not hear us in there!!

I'm assuming the Dobmob are a mob who uses Dobsonians?  If that's the case, I'm assuming the Meadows is the best place for Dobsonians, and that the Meadows is where the "party" will happen?

Cheers,

Mark

I'm assuming the Dobmob are a mob who uses Dobsonians?  If that's the case, I'm assuming the Meadows is the best place for Dobsonians, and that the Meadows is where the "party" will happen?

Cheers,

Mark

you got that right :grin: what scope do you have ?

Mark you are booked in for Thurs, Fri and Sat on Pitch 7 next to the Dob Mob.

Pitch 6 is hard standing with half grass, so I will reserve that after Mike goes for similar campers.

Just an update to the SWG Star Party 2015.  These are the latest names, dates and pitch I have so far.  

Some I know are incorrect, I have had to add numbers of nights to those I have not had replies from yet, but I sure they are attending.

This list has been given to the Pencelli Camping site just for them to have some idea of the bookings. I will give them final numbers nearer the date. 

If any of these listings are wrong, please let me know as soon as possible ( post here or PM ) so I can amend.

Pitch             Nights

Mr Fibble...        11                Wed - Sat

Redross...           7                 Thur - Sat

Freff...               12                 Tue - Sat

Lennylovit...       25                 Thur - Sat

Garethmob...     4                   Thurs - Sat

Tich...                29                 Sat - Sat

L8-Nite...             6                  Sun - Tue

KevUU...            10                 Tue - Sat

AstroJoe...           9                 Fri - Sat

MickD...               8                 Thurs - Sat

bobxuk...           15                 Thurs - Sat