Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2015

Freff

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mark, it's a typo mate. You are on pitch 7. Unfortunately, I'm unable to correct the typos due to the limited edit period.

Pitch 6 is a hard standing for caravans and motor homes which are generally to heavy for the grassed pitches. Mike is on pitch 6 for the early part of the week with his van.

I will reserve the second half of the week in case another caravan or motor home user needs it. I put you on 7 because you are using a tent and next to the dobmob.

If it's the case that no other van user needs that pitch, then any late bookings can make use of it rather than miss out. HTH 

Hi all, just joined this forum and cam across the South Wales Group (SWG) whilst browsing. Is this just a sub forum of SGL or summit else? The party sounds cool though - is anyone welcome, or do i need to join another group?

Hi staffop and welcome. Yes SWG is a sub forum of SGL.

The star party is a great event and anyone is welcome. Unfortunately, the site is limited so booking early is advised to ensure a pitch. The event is organised by SWG  and SGL isn't involved in anyway and their Public Liability Insurance don't cover this event.

You don't need to join any group to attend.

Hi staffop and welcome. Yes SWG is a sub forum of SGL.

The star party is a great event and anyone is welcome. Unfortunately, the site is limited so booking early is advised to ensure a pitch. The event is organised by SWG  and SGL isn't involved in anyway and their Public Liability Insurance don't cover this event.

You don't need to join any group to attend.

Great, thanks Freff. I seem to have bought my scope at just the wrong time, Cardiff Astronomical Soc have closed for summer and we've 20 hours of daylight ! Get together looks great though 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, it will be a first for me in the Brecon's this year,really looking forward to this event and meeting some new faces.

Off to Galloway in 5 weeks for a warmer...roll on Star party season.

Kenny

Hi

Personally I don't have a problem with a day visitor, and I'm sure no other attending will have any issues. The more scopes the better.

I know there are general site rules regarding visitors, and having to report to reception on arrival with details.

I can check with the site owners and get back to you. It may be that you have to give the name of the person you are visiting.

I'm sure we can work around something. PM me all your details so I can pass on the info.

Hi

Personally I don't have a problem with a day visitor, and I'm sure no other attending will have any issues. The more scopes the better.

I know there are general site rules regarding visitors, and having to report to reception on arrival with details.

I can check with the site owners and get back to you. It may be that you have to give the name of the person you are visiting.

I'm sure we can work around something. PM me all your details so I can pass on the info.

i have pm

you details

Thanks

Bob

Nice to say hello to people and see there scopes and have a good day :)

Bob

Hi all

I would like to come again this year, must have electric hock up, pitch 16,17,18,22,or 23 will be fine. I will be in a small caravan with awning Wednesday to leave Monday. A pitch in Oaks lower part is also fine with electric hook up.

Bob L

Hi all

I would like to come again this year, must have electric hock up, pitch 16,17,18,22,or 23 will be fine. I will be in a small caravan with awning Wednesday to leave Monday. A pitch in Oaks lower part is also fine with electric hook up.

Bob L

PM sent.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to meeting new faces.... out of interest what Telescopes are people bringing...

Im bringing my skywatcher 127 goto,  but looking to purchase a nexstar 8se or similar budget.....  love to look through a few of your scopes, my scope always welcome to anyone :)

cheers

Bob

Archived