NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Are we nearing the end for white light ??

spaceboy

Glad I got a wedge last year caught some great spots including the monster. Have put my name down for a Lunt LS50tha, to be ready for the upcoming minimum so I hope things still happen in Ha during the quiet times :grin:

I am mesmerised by the sun even on quiet days, the surface detail alone is enough to hypnotise me :smiley: I am not at all concerned and I can easily wait 11 years for the next solar max  :shocked: There is also less sugar conversion via the suns rays during Solar min .... so an extra cake will be needed to keep the strength up :grin:

Harrumph! Just got one out of the box tonight ...

Lol, don't mind me. I don't know what I want.

Right now I'm going back and forth I what I actually want, last week it was a wedge, this week a Quark next week who knows! I'm a bit frazzled.

:)

Had a quick look earlier, when it was hazy, and it's definitely very quiet - in white light and Ha. Now nice and clear but been for an eye test so eyes dilated like a cat's at night and not going play with my new wedge again today.

Sol ain't goin anywhere is he?!

• 1 month later...

Given the amount of activity on display today I don't know what I was worrying about :icon_scratch: . In fact there is so much going on I'm spoilt for choice. The seeing is above average also for where I am which couldn't have been timed better. To top it all off I'm working on me tan. Try doing that while looking at DSO's :grin:

We will just have to wait and see. Many of us have been buying new kit (quarks, etc), but nobody knows what will happen during minimum, how long the minimum will last, and how deep it will be.

We'd be better off hoping the next minimum doesn't last long enough to remind us that our personal viewing habits mean far less than we might want them too.

Archived