Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Norfolk

Happysnapper79

Hi all, my name is John 34 year old who enjoys photography and the stars. I'm here to hopefully learn lots and put that into practice with my camera. Originally from Manchester but now live in deepest darkest Norfolk.

I look forward to hopefully learning lots and getting involved with discussions etc.

Thanks for looking

John

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi John and welcome to the forum. If you wanting to explore the wonders (.....occasional frustrations?  :grin:) of astrophotgraphy, then can I recommend Steve Richards' book "Making Every Photon Count" as a good starting point in helping you to understand the differences between terrestrial and astro imaging (astrophotography). Depending on the type of subject you wish to photography (planets, deep sky objects -DSO's etc) you will of course need the appropriate set up which might include an accurate motorised equatorial mount which aren''t cheap. This book is a very comprehensive guide and will certainly save you money by helping you avoid buying the wrong kit - we've all done it! After all, we don't want your first picture of a black hole being the one in your wallet!  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived