Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello all

Russell Allen

All

Just a little note to introduce myself, I've been lurking on the board for a year and a bit. I've been interested in astronomy/cosmology for as long as I can remember, but i only bought my first scope a year ago (skywatcher skyhawk 1145). I've just invested in another and seem to be hooked on another expensive hobby ........ ouch (HEQ5 and an orion europa 250 delux)

I look forward to lots of assistance and contribution

Regards

Russell Allen :sunny:

Welcome Russ, you'lll have to bring that setup to the Peak Star Party, i'd be interested in having a gander through it...

I have an Orion GX250 that I havent used in years, it needs resilvering.

It's an F6.4 too..... I like the optics, but not the tube assembly.... I need to do something about that. :wink:

Rich

I wasnt sure what to buy but decided to spend all the cash I liberated from selling some valve amplifiers I built and a slice of my annual bonus, I still haven't received the europa OTA, due this week supposedly. I mounted the 1145 OTA on the HEQ5 Pro and have been getting used to the mount. I must say the HEQ5 Pro seems like a hell of a lot of kit for the money. I've been buying some eyepieces and barlow etc second hand, I really can't wait any longer for the OTA. However as a new telescope is known to be the worlds finest cloud magnet I shall try and relax .........................some chance.

My partner has in the past commented on my love of pricey hobbies Carp Fishing , HiFi etc so I thought I'd better find another.

Purely from the point of view of getting to the eyepiece minimum height is a must. The OTA is 10kg and I wouldn't trust the leg adjusters ......if one started to slip not throgh bad design but through carelessness tightening a leg it doesnt bear thinking about.

I hope I've already made most of my schoolboy errors with the old scope, I've sure made a few.

Regards

Russell Allen

Archived