Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Maldon

badger111

I'm a nubie stargazer. After years of watching the Sky at Night with the late great Patrick Moore I finally splashed-out and bought my first telescope; a Skywatcher 1141EQ1. I'm glad I've found this site as I've got loooooads of questions to ask and observations to share.

Here's to MANY late (clear) nights...

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here - It's a great forum with loads of friendly and knowledgeable folks who will answer any of your questions.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

I know of another in Maldon, but will leave them to introduce themselvesm if they haven't already.

Can you get to the sea wall at Heybridge easily as I suspect that that has some good viewing potential.

After that I suspect you may need transport for other options, the North Essex guys meet a bit North of Witham and look up the Essex Cloud Dodgers in the social groups here.

I know of another in Maldon, but will leave them to introduce themselvesm if they haven't already.

Can you get to the sea wall at Heybridge easily as I suspect that that has some good viewing potential.

After that I suspect you may need transport for other options, the North Essex guys meet a bit North of Witham and look up the Essex Cloud Dodgers in the social groups here.

Hi Ronin - I live about 1min from the sea wall in Heybridge Basin. I get some good views from my back garden too. I'll have a look at the Essex Cloud Dodgers social group in mo...

Thanks for the info.

Hi Badger and welcome to SGL, your new scope should bring you lots of pleasure, but it`s the path to late nights and often empty pockets, but you'll love it, enjoy :)

Hi Glowjet - It certainly does, every night is a voyage of discovery. Can't wait to get out there; planning during the day and spending all night looking... fantastic...

Archived