skywatcherbob

HI everyone in SLG joined the clan last night my name is Robert I have been observing for just over 12 months and am hooked .my scope is a skywather 130 which I find to be a decent starter but wish to progress a little further . Any ideas will be most welcome thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First you really need to be honest and decide what it is you want to do. A bigger scope will be the 200P Dobsonian, however what then occurs is the person decides they have to start getting images. And the 200P is no good for that.

What mount is the 130 on, I assume a small equitorial.

East Devon sounds potentially close to Sidmouth and the NLO

We have a few people that claim "East Devon" so you could, foirtunately or unfortunately, be close to others who are similarily afflicted with the urge to look upwards.

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum. On the question of upgrading your scope, you might want to consider posting a question over on the beginner equipment section as more people visit there and so you will receive more responses. Two primary considerations you might want to include in your question; how much you want to spend and what it is you want to observe, solar system objects (moon and planets) or deep sky objects (galaxies and nebulae). Like most people here you will probably want to observe everything  :grin: but different scope designs will tend to favour certain objects more than others. Post a question over on that section so we can help explain in more detail.  :smiley:

Clear skies

James

Hi thanks to you all for my first mail response a littlle further info about my gear the scope is mounted

on a eq 3.2 mount . Which I find ok but not as sturdy as it looks .I have a set of 4 celestron eyepices and filters purchased as a box set the red dot finder works very well now its aligned correcly. Also have a barlow again celestron as with box kit Love the moon and planets especially saturn . It seems like a good idea to view the beginers equipment section as suggested thanks to all for your replies

Yes I am very close to the N.l.o will probably join the club? society sounds better soon, Cheers for now. Bob

Archived