Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Second childhood?

Dave Lloyd

Hi guys and girls. In 1961 my grandparents bought me "Astronomy" by Patrick Moore ( I still have it). This sparked an obsession with all things astro throughout school. As the 70s arrived other things like work, marriage and family tended to push it into the background. Then for my 60th my son (Phil-lost) bought me a startravel 102 and all my astro geekiness came rushing back. 

The sky`s the same of course but two things are astonishing. One is the exponential improvement in equipment quality for quite reasonable money. The other is the sheer amount of information and advice from people like you, available at the click of a mouse.

I look forward to getting immersed in the heavens again knowing anything I need to know is here. :laugh:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave,

I recently read Patrick Moore's book after finding it hidden in the depths of the Falklands MPA Library! Whilst it's not the most scientific book, I found it a compelling read mostly down to his brilliant way with words and how he made the skies almost come alive through the pages.

Good luck and clear skies,

-Tom

Please don't tell me that to get to my second childhood I have to grow up!! :sad: :sad:

Otherwise I am sticking firmly to this first one and refusing to go. :ohmy: :ohmy:

If I can straight from first to second with nothing between then I might consider it. :bino2: :bino2:

Archived