Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Bath

austinspace

Hi everyone, firstly a big thank you to you all as i have been plucking very helpful info from this site while happily peering through my 20x80 bins for the last few years. I have now decided to take the plunge and grab an 8" dob and feel i may be needing some friendly advise along the way and hopefully part any wisdom i may have obtained !? to others  :smiley: 

Looking forward to chatting to you all soon.

Nick. 

Hi Nick and welcome to the forum. For your information there is an observing group in Bath that you might like to look in on to help you get your scope up and running. They view from many sites with the most common being in Wellow and although small in number they are a friendly group.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay.

James

Hello Nick and a big welcome all the way from a rather hot Bulgaria. My cousin Jon lives in Bath though I am not sure where these days, it's a good few years since we have had a beer together. I hope you enjoy the forum and get on well with your new scope.

Alan.

Thanks for the warm welcome SGL and JamesM for the heads up, i will certainly be popping along and saying hello. Last night was my first view through my new dob, in fact any telescope, its certainly going to take a lot of practice to be able to find my way around !! but i welcome the challenge and really happy with my new purchase.

Clear skies.

Nick. 

Archived