New to Stargazing

TheDanceOfEternity

Hi All,

I've always had a passing interest in astronomy and cosmology.  Having recently moved into a very rural area with almost no light pollution, I am really interested in doing some stargazing.  The night sky is gorgeous from my house, on a clear night the milky way can be observed clearly, it's simply stunning! I was going to run out an buy a telescope. After some lurking and reading around here, I've decided to belay that and look for a decent set of 10x50 binoculars to start with. Hoping to learn as I go!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum!  I bought a telescope because I couldn't get on with binoculars!!  I don't regret it, but it did take some research to find what I wanted in the price bracket I was happy with and that allowed me to buy some additional eyepieces too. 

Hi All,

I've always had a passing interest in astronomy and cosmology.  Having recently moved into a very rural area with almost no light pollution, I am really interested in doing some stargazing.  The night sky is gorgeous from my house, on a clear night the milky way can be observed clearly, it's simply stunning! I was going to run out an buy a telescope. After some lurking and reading around here, I've decided to belay that and look for a decent set of 10x50 binoculars to start with. Hoping to learn as I go!

I think your choice of binoculars to start is a very good one especially with such a great sky. Welcome to the forum.

Archived