Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear Sky's from N.Wales!

-Aldebaran-

Got in a few posts in now and had some really good feedback from advanced members and moderators, thought it best to post a hello on here

HELLO!!!!

To all the newbies just like myself, if you thought choosing a scope was difficult wait till you decide on upgrading eyepieces!!! I've never been so overwhelmed!

But this is the best place to be to get real sound advice from members with vast experience!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Aldebaran.

See eyepieces! See clarity! See madness!

I have trawled the oceans of wisdom on SGL and tried to learn. Robin, Qualia, Moonshane and others too numerous to name, but worthy of mention, have advised and helped.

But when it all comes down, nobody can tell you EXACTLY what you should buy or go for. Only you, and your wallet, can make the final decision. And when I see the equipment summaries and eyepiece hoards that some SGL stalwarts own, I have come to the conclusion that buying kit is a journey, not a destination.

The topic 'Show Me Your Eyepiece Case' should be a salutary lesson to all beginners!!

But wow! It's a helluva ride!

I've been on that topic already Gordon, an eye opener, saw a pic with what seemed like nearly 20 televue's, now I guess if that was a destination then it would be a journey that even light would struggle with!! I do need a decent case though.

North east Wales? Wrexham area at all? Have already made a friend on here from Wrexham, it would be good to gather a group of locals for an observing session. Thanks for the welcome

I'm in Welshpool, is that anywhere near you ?

I'm in Welshpool, is that anywhere near you ?

Straight up north on the A483 to Wrexham, Your not that far maybe 45 Minutes away.

Thanks to all that replied I've been made to feel very welcome, and it seems that I am spending more time here talking about the night sky's than actually viewing them, all thanks to our wonderful weather.

Clear sky's

Anthony.

Ally8446

How is the WO swan performing on the scope? It's one low mag ep I have been looking into, details on astigmatism, eye relief and exit pupil??

It's probably my most used ep as my main interest is DSOs

It has 72 degree field of view and 25mm eye relief. The views are pin sharp and crystal clear (pending conditions of course).

I highly recommend this ep.

Archived