Hello Astronomers

Jackstay

Hello,

I have been doing astronomy off and on for nearly a decade and have recently decided to get back into it in a big way.  I used to own an 8" dob and currently have a 6" newtonian EQ.  When I first saw the rings of Saturn in my dob I knew I was hooked and have been since.  My goal is to purchase something more substantial in the future and grow my interest by seeing even fainter objects.  I am thinking of a C9.25/11 or a comparable newtonian for visual astronomy only on a GoTo set up. Not very interested in astrophotography.  The staff at Vancouver Telescope have been a great help in assisting that discovery process.

Primarily I like to observe nebulae and doubles.  Lyra's double-double is one of my favorite things to observe because of it's complexity.  Looking forward to picking your brains about and contributing to the hobby of amateur astronomy.

Best,

Jackstay

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and decided to join. I have C9.25 that I use for imaging, I've sneaked a look through it a couple of times and Jupiter looked good. There's quite a lot of folks with the C9.25 so I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions on your new purchase :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived