Greetings from Chihuahua, México

Alejandro

Hi everyone! I'm new here, my name is Alejandro, I'm from Mexico and I'm a stargazer (and a dentist hehe), I found this forum while surfing the web and  decided it was time to join a new forum (the one I used to be in dissapeared or something :s), I´m sure I'll learn tons of stuff here and I hope I can give something back that might be useful for someone.

I´ve been an astroamateur for around 7 years now (I'm 28) and in that time I've owned a couple telescopes and binos, a Celestron AstroMaster 114EQ sold and bought a Zhumell Z8 which I sold after a couple of years (I really didn't want to... :( ), and a pair of SkyMaster 15x70 sold and bought the SkyMaster 20x80, those along with a parallelogram mount and tripod built by myself that are all I have at the moment.

I attach a pic of myself with my observing gear.

Clear skies!

post-36929-0-01004500-1398752784_thumb.j

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alejandro,

Welcome to the Star Gazer's Lounge!

That's a great mount you have there.

I don't think I'd be able to use it at high sky elevations without being laid down. My neck is the most aged part of my body!

I've never looked at the sky through big bino's but have always wanted a pair. I love my 10 x 50's but struggle handling them for long periods nowadays.

My only experience of Mexico is from a Scuba Diving trip to Cancun. The only stars I saw on that trip were Tequila induced :D

Hi Alejandro and welcome to SGL, I will bet you find your home constructed parallelogram mount extremely useful, perhaps at some time in the future, you might like to put the design in our DIY section, as it may well be of interest to some of the forum members, enjoy :)

Hi Alejandro and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, this is a great forum with loads of friendly folks who know a thing or two as well!!! Look slike you have most things covered :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and comments about the P mount, I see this is a very friendly site. I'll be posting some more info about the p mount and tripod building process in the DIY area.

I think I should mention that I got the bug for astronomy while living in South Ockendon, Essex from 2007 through 2008, maybe is faith that I find this forum hehehe.

Alex

Archived