hi from stoke on trent

BenDBF

Hey I'm new to astronomy altogether and decided to join this forum to find out more about this exciting hobby, I'm from stoke on Trent so if anyone has any advice for my local area (clubs and things lol) I would be very appreciative thank you

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi BenDBF

Hello from a fellow Stokie (long since escaped though...). In my days there was an astronomical society that met in Hanley but we're talking several decades ago so I hope some more recent information comes your way  :smiley:

Astronomy is a fantastic hobby -- I hope you have a great time!

Martin

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found the forum, it's a friendly place with all manner of knowledgeable folks who like nothing more than spending other peoples money :grin: You have been warned!!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Ben,

I'm now living in Stoke (from Oz origionally). there is the North Stafforshire Astronomical Society http://www.northstaffsas.co.uk/ who meet first Tuesday of the month. There is also Keele university who have a fine observatory. they hold open evenings every tuesday and also saturday afternoons they have their solar scope out. (well worth a looksy). Enjoy your time in stargazers lounge andthis wonderful hobby in general.

Archived