NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Your MAIN TELESCOPE, and did You NAME it ?

My TELESCOPE is a C11... and I named it BUSTER.... ( Cluster BUSTER ).... I really enjoy Viewing with it... I also have a KENDRICK HEATED DEW CAP that works wonderfully well...as I live in FLORIDA....where DEW could be a problem if not for the Dew Cap....it is on an ORION ATLAS EQ-G MOUNT that puts objects right in the EYEPIECE of my 26mm NAGLER....

CLEAR SKYS and Excellent Seeing Conditions to All

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A farmer friend of mine happened to pass by in his pony and trap earlier today as I was observing the Moon with the new 200P on this lovely Sunday afternoon around 4pm, with the sun warming my back and a cold beer on my 'Astro-Table'.

Having parked the horse 'thingy' in a shady spot in the old apple orchard he ambled over and......

promptly pointed to the scope and exclaimed "Oh La Vache!"

So as for naming, he did it, I shall now know this scope as "La Vache", which does not readily translate from a sentiment  aspect. (The Cow). ((polite translation Oh My Gosh or FuMe depending on circumstances)).

Needless to say, I offered suitable refreshment and then continued to have him observe the Moon for his very first time.

French expletives were outstanding as he saw detail and WOW'd and AWE'd.

So, 'La Vache' has been Christened, and Anglo-Breton relations continue to be cemented together.

And a great sunny daylight Moon observation session was had.

Cheers,

Rich

My TAL100rs is called "little sister" and my TAL 125r is called "big sister". My beautiful black and brass Skylight F13 is called "the decadent floozy" in contrast to her utilitarian Siberian sisters :grin:. And my Istar Perseus 150mm F10 doesn't have a name yet - simply known as the "big one" for now.

I'm not mad, really... .

Bit sad this one . The weekend I picked up an 8 " dob was the same weekend my dog died. . He was black and white like the scope . So the scope was named Murphy. , after my loyal friend .

Murphy the dob .

Bit sad this one . The weekend I picked up an 8 " dob was the same weekend my dog died. . He was black and white like the scope . So the scope was named Murphy. , after my loyal  .

Murphy the dob .

Sorry to hear that  :sad:  I did attempt to call my ED120 after a horse I used to own called Kitty, a piebald obviously. It didn't really take off, Skywatchers are fantastic scopes, they don't have the same personality of scopes like TAL do  :rolleyes:

My main 'scope, the prototype TEC 200mm fluorite apo, is named Phoebe. Everyone refers to her as that. In the second, sliding roof observatory, is a newly installed Skywatcher 120ED named Miranda. 

I was going to have a parrot and call it Halley - but it never happened.

Archived