Hello from Wetwang!

bobmoss

Thought I would pop by and say hello from Wetwang, East Yorkshire.

I originally joind SGL in 2009, but wasn't very active. I've just got back into astronomy after having a bit of break from it so thought it was about time to officially introduce myself.

I've been into astronomy for several years and gone through quite a lot of telescopes (Had an ETX90, then went for a 150mm Newtonian, upgraded to a 200mm Newtonian) but have currently settled on a 10" LX200 (bit of a jump from a basic newtonian!).

We are in the middle of the countryside out here in Wetwang so the skies are quite dark (except for neighbours security lights!).

Anyway, that's about it for now, see you on the forums.

Cheers!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bob,  welcome back to SGL from me.

Had a good chuckle at Wetwang, a new one on me - but have now suppressed my puerile sense of humour and regained control ;)

Clear Skies.

Thanks! As a kid we always used to drive through Wetwang on the way to the seaside and laughed at the name. I never thought I would actually end up living here!

HI Bob and welcome to the forum. Using an image of a cake as your avatar is not going to help my sweet tooth but it is handy to blame someone else for my lack of control!  :grin:  :grin:

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Welcome to SGL all the way from Bulgaria. Wetwang used to have a dam good fish and chip shop, Harpers I believe it was called. I used to drink in and around the area a few years back, like 20 years back. You should get some good skies there far enough away from Hull and Beverly but does Driffield give problems?

Alan.

Welcome to SGL all the way from Bulgaria. Wetwang used to have a dam good fish and chip shop, Harpers I believe it was called. I used to drink in and around the area a few years back, like 20 years back. You should get some good skies there far enough away from Hull and Beverly but does Driffield give problems?

Alan.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the welcome. Harpers is still alive and well and still serving the best fish and chips for miles around!

Driffield isn't to big a problem as it over to the east of me and my view in that direction is blocked by neighbours houses anyway.

Welcome back. Ah Wetwang! Now have you read 'The meaning of Liff' (Douglas Adams) as he states that Wetwang is one of Germain Greers used up lovers!

Love it

Cheers

Jamie

Archived