Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

anyone made there telescope arty ?

hi oh fount of knowledge....

I love to search this site as all the replies are so useful and no question too basic to ask and the replies always patient and considerate.

most scopes , including mine are dull to look at . I have thought about some bright tape so I can see the wires and viewers better at night. However , I'd love to see any scopes which are dolled up to look like art . Any out there ?

That is the perfect example of why the ownership of the item is almost as important as the functionality.

I mean, you could do that in rolled steel and knurled ali knobs for a fraction of the price, but you wouldn't rush outside to feel the brass, the weight and the craft even if the clouds are in, just for the chance of seconds at the eyepiece . You can probably best it in most circumstances with a big aperture Dob, but that would be to entirely miss the point. I'd give my one remaining spherical dangly to own the Wetherall frac, or even earn the money to make it a possibility.

Anybody who doesn't agree; Go buy a Ford.

Russell

hi oh fount of knowledge....

I love to search this site as all the replies are so useful and no question too basic to ask and the replies always patient and considerate.

most scopes , including mine are dull to look at . I have thought about some bright tape so I can see the wires and viewers better at night. However , I'd love to see any scopes which are dolled up to look like art . Any out there ?

Have a look at this one, it has the looks but there is purpose behind the design.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p3997_Officina-Stellare-Hiper-Apo-130mm-f-6-LZOS-Triplet-Objektiv.html

Regards,

A.G

Archived