just gettin started at 52 years old

glyn lacey

hi all, ok so ive wanted a scope for so long and now is the time,after searching for what seems like ages I decided on the heritage 130p ,had good reviews so I jumped in,read all the info ,had a twiddle ,it was a dream extending it in the comfort of the lounge at home,put it in the garage "to cool"and what a wrestle to get it to extend when cool ,as the clouds poured in just managed to get a glimps ,"my god its full of stars" how wonderful ,ok gotta go and learn the night sky. oh anyone know why it was very difficult to extend when cool ? 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL

I'm really not sure with the trusses would be more difficult to extend when cold.  I think there are quite a few Heritage 130 owners here though, so someone should have an idea.

James

A very warm welcome Glyn.

If you can make it to The Astronomy Centre, nr Todmorden, any Saturday evening you will be sure of a warm welcome and there are lots of folks who will be willing to help you get the most of your telescope,  show you round the night sky and give you the opportunity to try out the centre's scopes.  If you google TAC and Todmorden you will find more information including a location map.  Hope to see you up there sometime.

Archived