Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS and Io & Europa

catman161

Scope:  200P Mount: NEQ6 Pro Camera: ASI120MC Software: Sharpcap 2, AS!2, PS CS2 Barlow: TV Powermate 2x

Well I was out for a fair while last night. I managed to get 12 avis in total. Below is the first image (and from the looks of the avis probably the only one I will post!) I will add others if they are ok, if they're terrible I won't!

It's the best 70% of 3500 frames put though PIPP before the usual software listed above

. Not a good image at all but I don't like to stay out for so long and come away empty handed so I I thought I would post this one :) I will porcess the other avi's in due course.

12053446566_93153876d8_o.png
Jupiter 19_01_2014_22_54PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

Thanks Bunnygod, very kind of you but I was hoping for it to have turned out better-but it's all good fun :)

thanks Si it's also comforting to hear that it's not just me then that goes through gigs of avi's only to find that just a handful are useable :D

JamesF, it's funny you say that, as i looked on the jet stream tracker yesterday and the jet stream did a complicated manoeuvre back on itself before midnight where most of the UK was covered in turbulent air but there was a triangle sparing a region over the east midlands and up towards sheffield and manchester and out over the irish sea...

Looking good. An RGB align in Registax should help to sort out the red and blue you have on the edges of the planet.

Thanks Freddie, yes I had actually done that then I messe about in photoshop using layers and only really noticed it when I uploaded. It is actually less pronounced on the desktop file

Indeed.  Looks very good.  Clearly the Nottingham/Leicester/Derby triangle had the better of the seeing last night :)

James

Thanks James. I am actually in leamington spa now I should change my profile info

JamesF, it's funny you say that, as i looked on the jet stream tracker yesterday and the jet stream did a complicated manoeuvre back on itself before midnight where most of the UK was covered in turbulent air but there was a triangle sparing a region over the east midlands and up towards sheffield and manchester and out over the irish sea...

Agree with that! Seemed like good seeing from here in Sheffield. Got some AVIs myself, which I will probably upload.

Anyways, very nice image!

David

That's a good image... don't worry we've all been there with gigs of useless data - last Friday night I took 17 (10000 frame) AVI's and only one was any good with only 3000 of them worth stacking for a final image!!  :smiley:

Archived