Hello!

jl694

Hi everyone,

My name is James and I'm from London.

I recently sent my DSLR off to be modded. While I wait for its safe return I have decided to join SGL. This site has been immensely helpful since I got properly involved with astrophotography 6 months ago. I have taken this opportunity to join and give back to the community that has offered me so much invaluable advice.

To capture DSOs, I use a Canon EOS 1100D attached to a Skywatcher Explorer 150P on a dual-axis motor-driven EQ3-2. I acquire subs with Astrophotography Tool, stack them with Deep Sky Stacker and then make adjustments using either GIMP, Fitswork or Canon Digital Photo Professional depending on the mood I’m in.

On the rare occasion that I take widefield astrophotos, I use the 1100D with its stock 18-55mm lens. In the past I managed with a Canon PowerShot SX150.

I mainly image DSOs with a prime focus telescope arrangement, but I have tried my hand at wide field astrophotography too. All my milestones are posted in the gallery on my profile, but it appears in much better quality on my Flickr page (link provided in the album). Please feel free to browse and offer any constructive criticism you might have.

Archived