NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi There from Milford on Sea

iflyhigh

Just got a Skywatcher Explorer 130p Supatrak......son doing astronomy GCSE and well.....now we are all hooked. Saw Jupiter,Orion nebula and Moon on first time out. Apart from nearly doing my neck in using the finderscope it was fantastic. Pathetic instruction book on how to use the tracking controller though....will have to find some other resource to educate me in that!! Already looking to make the best of this scope as I can only imagine...with what we have seen already.....there could be some great upgrades out there.Son already offering his Xmas money towards them ! Any rate I'm sure we'll be making the most of these forums and the wealth of info on them......looks great and can't wait for more clear skies !

Welcome to SGL,  You will find plenty of people hear willing to help you with your tracking controller & advice.

Getting better eye pieces will improve your viewing also, The 25mm /10mm lenses that come with the scope aren't very good,  BST lenses are good little lenses for the money £49.00 each, You can get them from Alan @ Skies the limit, (on ebay).    

Welcome. I've found manuals and instructions in astronomy gear range from 'quite poor' to 'not included at all'. Sadly the Skywatcher ones are actually quite good comparatively.

I'm always moaning about lack of instructions. What does this bolt do? Where do I put this spacer? Which end do I look through ;)

cheers

Chris

Archived