Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 10th Jan

Freddie

gallery_7987_2065_235656.png

Taken 6am ish this morning. Usual setup of DMK21, RGB 5min AVI per colour.

Some strange things going on with the colours in the rings but at the low alt it's difficult to keep everything under control and then get good RGB alignment.

Nice one Freddie. I think the colour issues may be due to the atmospheric dispersion being at such a low elevation, nevertheless still a good image considering and you can still make out the polar hex!!

Pete

Thanks for your comments.

Pete, you are right, the low alt means that you can get slight differences in the individual colour images and then when put into WinJupos it can be difficult to get perfect alignment even with lots of adjusting. Unlike for Jupiter, there is only the manual alignment option for Saturn (and Mars for that matter) in WinJupos. Like you say, pleased to have got some surface detail though.

Yep Freddie damn fine effort at nabbing Saturn so early. Ring are opening out - just a pity it is going to be low here and getting lower.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks for your comments.

Pete, you are right, the low alt means that you can get slight differences in the individual colour images and then when put into WinJupos it can be difficult to get perfect alignment even with lots of adjusting. Unlike for Jupiter, there is only the manual alignment option for Saturn (and Mars for that matter) in WinJupos. Like you say, pleased to have got some surface detail though.

Yes, at low elevations this can be a pita...with the Saturn I posted here recently I had 3 consecutive rgb sets but ended up only using one because WinJupos created an image with the same problem that you had seen best in the first image here at the top, where the ring meet the disk at top left (ie, opposite shadow side...)

You end up with a pronounced demarcation "line" there and although it can be ameliorated in WJ the only way to deal with it is in P/shop or something similar...I couldn't be bothered doing that in the circumstances personally! :)

gallery_7987_2065_235656.png

Taken 6am ish this morning. Usual setup of DMK21, RGB 5min AVI per colour.

Some strange things going on with the colours in the rings but at the low alt it's difficult to keep everything under control and then get good RGB alignment.

Yes, good effort Freddie considering it's altitude!  :smiley:

Archived