Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from West Coast of Scotland

jritchie2308

Hello,

From the west coast of Scotland (weather been terrible all winter). 

Got my son a telescope, think it was a Celestron 70EQ, very simple scope and we are now both hooked. 

Looking to upgrade my equipment gradually by perhaps getting a Skywatcher Explorer 130m Newtonian Reflector Telescope or a Celestron 31051 Astromaster 130EQ-MD Motor Drive Reflector Telescope, not the best in the world but build up gradually.

I've already read loads of reviews especially on SGL and think I will go for the Skywatcher.

I've also got a few good books on Astronomy from Santa which I have been reading so slow steps.

Again,

Hello all.  :smiley:

Hi, and welcome, from a bit futher up the west coast in Argyll.

Tell me about the weather!!!... I have not seen the stars since the end of November 2013.

Either of the 2 scopes you have listed would be a good step up and will give you some good viewing... the motorised one would be much easier to keep tracking the target, but you would need to get your head around polar alignment... not that it is particularly difficult, but it does seem to create a bit of confussion for someone new to it.

Plenty of good help available though from the good folks on this site.

Lets hope we get some clear skies soon.

Best Regards.

Sandy. :grin:

Hi, and welcome, from a bit futher up the west coast in Argyll.

Tell me about the weather!!!... I have not seen the stars since the end of November 2013.

Either of the 2 scopes you have listed would be a good step up and will give you some good viewing... the motorised one would be much easier to keep tracking the target, but you would need to get your head around polar alignment... not that it is particularly difficult, but it does seem to create a bit of confussion for someone new to it.

Plenty of good help available though from the good folks on this site.

Lets hope we get some clear skies soon.

Best Regards.

Sandy. :grin:

cheers Lonestar 70, I've been swatting up on Polar alignment, doesn't look too bad.

Hi and welcome to the lounge,

that's one of the things that takes hold when you enter

this wonderful hobby, everyone calls it "aperture fever"

it's because we want to see more, once it's there, it's very

hard to shake off.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Welcome to SGL,  Weather no better down hear on the south coast Grrrrr,    Consider Dobsonian scopes they are big gathering light buckets, You wont be disappointed once you are hooked,   Try finding a local star party were you may be able to view someone's Dob!.    

Archived