Hello from an excitable newbie

Fozzie

Afternoon all!

Its taken me a few months of browsing the forums, before I plucked up the courage to join, quite why, not really  sure.... after all I've I seen, on which ever topic I've been researching before I've made any decisions, is good honest practical advice... It's not that scary to be honest! 

looking forward to the world of the wider community and wealth of advice and discussions to be had..

Ta ta for now.

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome!

Very new to this but Unimaginably hooked for about 10 months now… made the choice in February to grab a dusty old 75mm fleci out of the corner of the in laws house as opposed to watch some generic tele dross and sold…

Made a few mistakes along the way, panic bought an Astromaster 130, despite the guy pleading with me to take a C6 and eq5, second hand… (to be honest thought he was after selling me some rubbish, very wrong I think, and I can only apologise if they come across this thread!)

Sold that on (Ahem) “ebay” (Ahem) and got myself a 200p on eq5 second hand with a few TV plossl’s for £300, (off set with the astromaster £110 = Bargain).

Managed to get some reasonable eyepieces, on top of TV plossl’s as well, back when I had the astromaster, these were revelation/GSO 32mm, 20mm, 15mm superviews & revelation barlow and also most recently a 9mm celestron xcel LX.

So I think i'm in relatively good shape.. Just need to find a darkish site now and some elusive clear sky's!!

A fine welcome indeed... many thanks!

Spent that long browsing around here last night the GF thinks I'm either up to no good, or I am buying her a great Christmas present in secret... Sadly wrong on both counts!

Archived