Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is this a C8?!!

emadmoussa

I know folks who use them for birding. They had a C8 set up on Symonds Yat rocks to view the Peregrine nest there - the views were amazing, it was like being in the nest !

Having been to Kennedy Space Centre a few times and stood where that chap is I can appreciate the need for a powerful lens. The launch pads are a few miles away from the nearest you can get on a launch day.

Would the image be inverted without correction (i.e. an erecting prism)?

I have tried panning using a scope and my brain just can't cope with the inversions...makes my head hurt.

I regularly use my 500mm handheld, it weighs about 4kg with the teleconverter and excluding the camera. Can't do it for long but I am only of medium stature.

Would the image be inverted without correction (i.e. an erecting prism)?

I have tried panning using a scope and my brain just can't cope with the inversions...makes my head hurt.

I regularly use my 500mm handheld, it weighs about 4kg with the teleconverter and excluding the camera. Can't do it for long but I am only of medium stature.

The good thing is that with a DSLR everythings the right way up same as a standard camera lens i use my WO ZS71 as a telephoto lens all the time.

Archived