Narrowband

Horse Head and Flame Nebula IC434 Deep image AND added COLOUR

CELESCOPE

At last , a clear sky , never thought i would get to image anything in Orion ,as its not in a good position for me , the most i can get is around 3 + hrs before loosing it, so was very pleased the skies were good to me last night.

This has to be my best so far , using the 6Nm H-alpha filter ,and ED Equinox,for the imaging ,and the C11 /QHY5 for guiding, i rattled off 3hrs 20 mins exposure , mix of 15 and 20 min subs, the image was so prominant on each download i was amazed, so final processing was very little , i used 1% DDP thats all to bring the fainter data out,and a very small tweak in Photoshop.

Cheers

Rog

Oh forgot for those who dont know CCD was the Atik 16Hr

3005_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

3024_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rog, the best compliment I can give is, Please award yourself the SGLPOTW for this week, next week, and the week after.

And if that is not put in some magazine soon, there is no justice.

It's just so magical.

Ron. :D

Top job Rog :D, I take it that you used a focal reducer?

I was at the same thing last night Not as big a FOV (I used a 0.5 FR set to 0.74 with my 80ed)and with a

13 nm ha filter and 10 minute subs,Hope it comes out as well as yours has.

Mike.

Archived