Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just witnessed a rare astronomical event, seen Saturn for the first time. As well as M5 and M3 globular clusters. Even managed to squeeze in Bodes Nebula/M81 & M82 as well as M49 eliptical galaxy. The 4th galaxy ive seen outside of ours. Not a bad start to my morning :) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be very tired today, but at least I got to watch Jupiter and the triple transit all be it not incredibly clear as too windy for big scope so just got out my guide scope! Might be clear later though for some lovejoy!

Gonna be very tired today, but at least I got to watch Jupiter and the triple transit all be it not incredibly clear as too windy for big scope so just got out my guide scope! Might be clear later though for some lovejoy!

The joys of small aperture astronomy ;-D

The joys of small aperture astronomy ;-D

I know, it was very joyful and interesting ;). It'sThe 80mm frac and I had the 9 mm lens on it so still managed the bands and very faint and small shadows so wasn't too bad.

Sorry it's clouded over tonight. I have to accept full responsibility as I have bought a new tripod this afternoon for the camera but it will also do for the frac as I intend to use this for the next 6 weeks. Other one was just not up to the job. :)

Sorry it's clouded over tonight. I have to accept full responsibility as I have bought a new tripod this afternoon for the camera but it will also do for the frac as I intend to use this for the next 6 weeks. Other one was just not up to the job. :)

that's rich you told me to stop buying astro stuff, and then go an buy some yourself :mad:

It's looking nice and clear at the moment. Might try to get out with Luke's camera and see if I can get Lovejoy before she moves away. Good luck with Jupiter Sam. You'll have to post any images you manage to get. Are you going to get your scope out to see if you can spot asteroid 2004 BL86? I don't think my binoculars will be powerful enough to spot it. Got a link bookmarked for a live feed through a telescope down south somewhere. I'll probably have a look at that later to see what they manage to capture on film :)

Just finished week 4 on the FutureLearn Orion course. Did find this week a bit "meh" (as my daughter would say lol) after last week, and it didn't seem to have as much depth to it. Just got to go back and post this week's photograph of the Orion constellation if I get time. However, I did get 30 out of 30 in the end of course quiz. Yay, go me! :) All signed up ready for the Moons course starting next Monday! Looking forward to it as I have heard good reviews. Think I might pop outside for an hour now to see what I can see!

Archived