NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!

What an amazing night, can you all believe we pulled it off... Thanks to all the WADAS committee for all their hard work in making this happen, and to all who have helped and who came to a wonderful night. Curry and company afterwards was also excellent! :)

Talking to Chris in the car he is up for a return visit in the not too distant future, so a very big well done chaps from a very proud chairman and yes you are now all right I can stop worrying ;)

What a brilliant evening! Luke and myself enjoyed it immensely. Thank you to the WADAS committee members and anyone else involved in making it happen. I thought the turn out was excellent and everyone seemed to enjoy the evening. I think that WADAS is definitely on the map! Once again, I'd like to thank everyone for a fantastic evening. The curry and company afterwards was great as usual. We're not a bad bunch, eh? :)

it was a fab talk, really really good.

the event ran like clockwork thanks to all the hard work and prep you all put in and the evening showed it! I think a fair few of the other societies in the area will be proper jealous.

plus I think this is the only time I have seen Soupy look nervous in front of people when doing the WADAS preamble before Chris started his talk.

NIce clear night but due to cloud over so didn't drive anywhere, had a go at orion with my 1100d and zeiss jenna  135mm lens, this is about the best shot,  5 sec ISO 1600, fixed tripod no idea what F stop as was playing about and its a manual lens

m42_zps183a5dee.jpg

You should be aiming for Lovejoy Leigh!

I was earlier cant find the damn thing  (Light poloution I could only just make plaids out)  and my 300mm lens I wanted to use if I could find it doesn't seem to want to focus at infinity grrrrr

I was earlier cant find the damn thing  (Light poloution I could only just make plaids out)  and my 300mm lens I wanted to use if I could find it doesn't seem to want to focus at infinity grrrrr

Sounds like you are having a nightmare Leigh! Just do some wide field of the pleiades and I am sure you'll pick up lovejoy then try to centre the camera on it and zoom in with a small lens maybe 150/200. Then try the zoom lens tomorrow in the day see if you can get it to work ready for the next clear night :)

Sounds like you are having a nightmare Leigh! Just do some wide field of the pleiades and I am sure you'll pick up lovejoy then try to centre the camera on it and zoom in with a small lens maybe 150/200. Then try the zoom lens tomorrow in the day see if you can get it to work ready for the next clear night :)

its below the houses opposite me now so no chance tonight,  tried widefield to hunt it down both my nifty fifty and my 28mm lens,  both get lens flare at any setting from the street lamp also opposite, 

Never mind, Jupiter shoul appear in my view shortly if its still clear scope and webcam time,  if the webcam still works that is

Nerves may have been evident to start but great job of introducing the society to the masses (come on 100plus shortly after our first birthday) and what's up went down well from my point of view at least.

Definitely showed the chairman at his best, confident, charismatic and partly the driving force of WADAS (big nod to Nick too and the rest of the committee)

Another well done from me and I'm proud to wear the society badge and be part of such an up standing and dedicated group of people.

Cheers all

Damian

Cheers Damian, we are all responsible for it and without anyone of us the event wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as it was I just happen to be the daft idiot who willingly stands up in front ;)

Now we gotta start planning the next 6 months and our next big visitor :)

Cheers Damian, we are all responsible for it and without anyone of us the event wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as it was I just happen to be the daft idiot who willingly stands up in front ;)

Now we gotta start planning the next 6 months and our next big visitor :)

easy ask Chris Lintott if his mate Brian May can do it,   I will take a year off work to make that one lol

Archived