Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

That's a set back Damian but I suppose it's for the best. As Jeremy says it will also cost less in the long run as your scope mount will be smaller ;p

Seriously, it will be worth it. Will have to get a scoot over to see your progress soon. Maybe some day this week.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that Damian but if it's for the best then in the long run its the right thing to do. B&Q are having a sale I could call in and get u a mirror from there. They have a nice round one with beveled edgers [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a set back Damian but I suppose it's for the best. As Jeremy says it will also cost less in the long run as your scope mount will be smaller ;p

Seriously, it will be worth it. Will have to get a scoot over to see your progress soon. Maybe some day this week.

If I'm successful with the polishing I think there's another 2 months work in it to figure it as it's a slow process particularly when its your first attempt!

You're welcome anytime I'll try to catch the text this time ;-)

hi all think ive found a little bit of a darkish site near me just need to test it out clear views to the east,south, west not a big site but nearby between howell woods and barnsley

Hiya David

Dark sky around here is hard to find take a look at this quite interesting especially how much of a blot on the landscape the M6 is!

http://www.avex-asso.org/dossiers/pl/uk/index.html

Damian

blumming Typical had a bad day yesterday,  had to pay my tax bill for the year (ouch am never happy doing that)

The had to pay out for a couple of the van

So decided although was moving cloud but clear patches would set scope up do an align then do w 10-15 minute webcam on moon,  got set up and was focusing tripped over webcam lead ripping web cam out of focuser (hadn't tightened the screws enough) the could not find the nose piece, searched around in dark with torch couldn't find it, so packed up and got drunk instead :)

Searched garden this morning for nose piece still no sign, was just about to hit go on anew one from RVO when I had a brainwave, its in the OTA, checked there and sure enough there it was,

Now the typical bit, cant do much sunday nights as early to bed for work, and the forecast at the moment is clear all night, moon wont appear above house opposite until about 9PM and I will be in bed by then  grrrrrrrrrrrr

The mono is more sensitive but more faff and expense if you want colour images using a filter wheel. The colour ones are less faff as you get a colour image but the trade off is slightly less sensitive. I use a colour imaging source camera.

Right guys - qhy5lii mono or colour? I'm considering a purchase in the not too distant future. Then I've got a decent planetary and can use it as a guide cam as well

Sam that depends on how much effort you want to have to do to take pics. I went for a small ATIK Titan and went mono and its a lot of flaff to do filters etc. at the minute. When I go bigger then I will prob get colour to make things easier, however in the long run I will go mono again but make sure I get decent filters and prob an electric filter housing

Did you go up to winscarr soupy?

Was going to but no one else was about, had to return to the house to pick up a few things so just set up the small frac in the garden on the new tripod to see how stable it was.

Attached the camera to it, again to see how it would cope as it is supposed to carry up to 4kg.

Here Are pics of the moon And Orion neb I got. Moon on short exposure, Orion on about 1.6 secs hence the small trailing, but not too shabby considering. And def no camera shake.

post-22085-0-30893200-1422860009_thumb.j

post-22085-0-92244000-1422860311_thumb.j

Archived