Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted lovejoy again through the huge 9x50 finder.

It's surprising how far its moved since I last looked and took some finding until I had a quick look at the star charts.

Looking forward to seeing the pics Kieran.

Just had Steve round to collect all the WADAS stuff from the Chris lintott talk.

Gave him the tour of mirror making and a little bit of mirror testing which he found very interesting.

Good to see him and catch up

Venus and Mars looked really well this evening with my monster scope (9x50) and Vega too just disappearing west

I was going to pop around and see you this afternoon Damian, would have loved to have had a look through that big 9x50... ;)

I was going to pop around and see you this afternoon Damian, would have loved to have had a look through that big 9x50... ;)

Yeah really sorry I missed your text only time I was in my garage all day

It's a rocky (expensive) road aperture fever ;-)

Attempt 3 and some success, nice big moon tonight so pointed it there, confirmed my suspicion that the alignment scope might be out of whack. Manually went hunting for big white disc and found it. Still couldn't focus so took off the focuser and held the eyepiece by hand... Gorgeous moon craters appear! I think that it's somehow misaligned to the line of the eyepiece now, so the image isn't quite going down the focus line. Anyone any tips. Seeing the moon was wonderful though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived