Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cloud rolled in earlier but it is due to clear later. Shame I cant join you as misses is out tonight, but might try back garden if it does clear.

Good news about the mirror Damian, shame you'll have to wait till weather warms up again though, won't the pitch stay warm in the house?

looking forward to next weeks talk now, proper excited

The excitement is certainly building Nick... Let's hope it's the same in the Astro community around Yorkshire :) should be a fantastic evening

Cloud rolled in earlier but it is due to clear later. Shame I cant join you as misses is out tonight, but might try back garden if it does clear.

Good news about the mirror Damian, shame you'll have to wait till weather warms up again though, won't the pitch stay warm in the house?

Looks like I'm returning to 600grit like Rich as one of the scratches is really deep and it will be easier to flatten the surface. The pitch does warm in the house but I polish in the garage so it cools down and just goes hard. The edge's need to come down and also the centre 

Mirror making is the definition of frustration.

Let me know if you do Soupy as I may pop up :smiley:

Just think though Damian once it is done then you will have one of the biggest amateur scopes in the country ;)

Yes it's the goal and an accomplishment although at present it seems to be at a standstill. 

Archived