Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just signed onto the FutureLearn Orion course and posted a comment on the bottom of the first article 1.1. I have followed David W. If anyone else wants to click to follow me that would be great, and then I can follow you in return. I haven't sussed out how to find people I know yet. I just happened to read David's post as it was quite recent. Looks like we could have some fun completing this together :)

I have just signed onto the FutureLearn Orion course and posted a comment on the bottom of the first article 1.1. I have followed David W. If anyone else wants to click to follow me that would be great, and then I can follow you in return. I haven't sussed out how to find people I know yet. I just happened to read David's post as it was quite recent. Looks like we could have some fun completing this together :)

Think I have found and am following you on there Vicky, my name on there is Leigh Albone

edit, I see you are already following me :)

Hi there Leigh. I have just clicked on to follow you. You must gave just edited your last post as I was doing it lol. I don't think you can find friends as there is no search facility as far as I can see. I just happened to spot David's name, and I didn't even realise Jeremy was our Jeremy until I noticed a reply he had posted onto one of David's posts. If you click onto someone you are following, it will show you who they are following and who follows them. I am hoping we can pick each other up by looking at other people we know. I haven't managed to find anyone else yet. Who else is on it? I have left loads of comments in the hope someone will spot me lol. I have also started the forensic science course which also looks like it is going to be good. I like the way they release the material one week at a time so we can all work through it together. Yes, the Orion course has started out fairly basic, but I have still learned stuff so it's all good! :)

I couldn't get my head round Flickr as I don't gave a Yahoo account and couldn't be bothered faffing about setting it all up for the course, so I have chosen to use Twitter to upload any photos etc. Never really used it much, as I don't really "get" Twitter either! Anyway, I was secretly quite thrilled when someone Favourited and Retweeted my photo. Not only am I a pleb, I'm a sad pleb lol :)

Quick shot of Lovejoy tonight through canon and 200 mm lens, RAW image with a little bit of PS for processing, too windy to get scope out and cloud was scuttling by so this had to be quick. 8 sec exposure with 6400 ISO. one single image. just caught it before it hid behind house wall! ;)

post-22085-0-61593800-1420928392_thumb.j

Archived