Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in process of imaging it between clouds and snow showers just hoping for a nice clear spell to get a good run too windy for scope so currently imaging it at 200mm [emoji3]

It's supposed to be clear from about 12:30 am for about 3 hours. But u know what the forecasters are like [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-33062-0-21438900-1421188557_thumb.j So I noticed a bit of clear skies so Lugged my EQ5 out and piggy backed my Canon 600d with LP filter was hoping to get a few more images but only managed to get 3x 1 min exposures and got Taurus and a bit of Pleiades, I'm not 100% sure but if you look on the bottom edge opf the image I think I may have a bit of Lovejoys nucleus.

Phew, just finished week 2 of the Orion course. I have to say it was certainly a step up from week 1, but still managed to get full marks on the quiz (cos I am a swot lol). Well done on the photos this evening chaps! It certainly does look like comet Lovejoy just making an appearance on the bottom of your photo Sam :) I'm really looking forward to Thursday. It promises to be a very interesting evening. Is everyone hoping to attend?

Clear skies have come again so I'm trying to get an orion widefield image! Unfortunately lovejoy has gone behind the house amd i live in a back to back so that's knackered my life up. However M42 is looking pretty good! Considering I've got a street light just under orion. I'll get something up shortly!

Clear skies have come again so I'm trying to get an orion widefield image! Unfortunately lovejoy has gone behind the house amd i live in a back to back so that's knackered my life up. However M42 is looking pretty good! Considering I've got a street light just under orion. I'll get something up shortly!

You've definitely got it in that image Sam although the image is on its side?

Archived