Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at you lot all knowing your messier positions!!!

Well done on the imaging guys. Lots more to come I hope in the next few days if we get clear skies.

I am going to join you on the no scope front Damian for the next 6 weeks as I have to move out of the house for reasons I am not at liberty to say at the minute, so hopefully I can catch lovejoy again before the weekend.

Oh forgot to mention for all watching the forum, Chris Lintott comes to Yorkshire tomorrow evening for a talk to all members, and friends of WADAS and of course anyone and everyone with an interest in Astronomy. You are all invited. Members entrance free, non members £3.

The venue is QEGS Wakefield, 154 Northgate, WF1 3QY

Time 7.30 start

See you all there.

It's the orientation of my dslr piggy backed on my mount, I haven't quite figured out how to rotate the image yet so I'm going to have to ask you to rotate your head as you look at it lol

If its a canon theres a setting in the menus to turn auto rotate off,

I am gutted! I was so excited and started to build myself up to it!I haven't managed a meeting with the group since I got involved. I wouldn't mind but the meeting is just about food and setting up a new menu tasting session. Food is not the end of the universe!

I am gutted! I was so excited and started to build myself up to it!I haven't managed a meeting with the group since I got involved. I wouldn't mind but the meeting is just about food and setting up a new menu tasting session. Food is not the end of the universe!

I think your looking a bit ill Sam, 24 hour flu perhaps ha ha

Hi all,

Done the bit with the IT guys Andrew and John who were both very helpful.

Room as Soupy said didn't need any setting up.

Just having a coffee in wakefield awaiting the arrival of our VIP being the unofficial WADAS chauffeur.

Through the main gate at the school off the Main road and through the little traffic light system to the large car park. The hall is situated at the bottom right of the car park so best to park at the bottom of the car park next to the playing field.

There will be committee members in Hi vis wearing badges and also signs for those attending.

Safe journey to all attending and hopefully some new faces to meet and greet.

Not long now people

Damian

Excellent evening everyone with a great turn out. A big thanks to all that made this happen and run as smoothly as it did.

Was a thoroughly enjoyable event and WADAS is now on the Map next the BBC

You can now stop worrying Soupy

Well done all

Damian

Archived