SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Suprising how fast Catalina is moving, viewed this morning at 0230, looked a lot fainter than last I viewed it, Jupiter was excellent to view though, my second favourite planet.

Celestron x-cel lx 25mm arrived this morning to replace my standard 24mm I have had for nearly 12 month.

The Celestron focal reducer is on my scope now also.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pause for thought⏳as I don't have internet on my mobile & don't have Facebook either, although Paul does have my email address, if the worst happened and SGL went down for a while I could miss out on something at short notice, do any of you exchange mobile numbers at all as a backup !!!!!!!

Eric

Hi all, just a heads up to read the important security announcement on SGL as it explains a little more about why it was shut down overnight.

It asks us to change our passwords for security, and also mentions Tapatalk which I know some of you use.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as it contains some important information :)

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/260467-important-security-announcement-please-read/

I wont bother, they might even post for me when im away lol

At winscar, do you park in the car park at these co-ordinates: 53.516718, -1.771953?

Just copy and paste this into google maps

Red Apple Workers Cooperative

Its the turning just after down to the carpark 

Just copy and paste this into google maps

Red Apple Workers Cooperative

Its the turning just after down to the carpark

so that's at the other end. The long parking bit rather than down by the boats?

I'm looking at the satellite view on google maps

Directions from my house are bringing me in along Goddlard Lane \ Windel Edge, and then getting me to turn in to the reservoir there. Should I carry on along Windel Edge and turn up Dunford Road towards the Red Apple Workers Cooprative?

This is going to be fun in the dark and snow :-)

Directions from my house are bringing me in along Goddlard Lane \ Windel Edge, and then getting me to turn in to the reservoir there. Should I carry on along Windel Edge and turn up Dunford Road towards the Red Apple Workers Cooprative?

yes

Go up from windle edge ( ignore sailing club) and look for Holmfirth sign (on your left)  turn left there that's Dunford rd, drive a few hundred yards up there to res entrance on your left, follow to far car park

regards eric

I called at green witch Saturday and I have a 7 and a 25 celestron x-cel lx enroute from another source as well

Neil

Will be interested to hear from you Neil regarding the 7mm as I am looking to replace my 6mm standard ep. 

eric

I might be going over to WYAS tonight, if I go Ill be there for around 7:45 ish i think. Anyone else interested in going? chris

I might drag Terry across later on after we have had our evening meal. Think there is a charge of £3 per adult. Just been on their website and I'm not sure what is going on tonight and it looks like it could be cloudy. Might go for an hour though to represent WADAS. I'll post on here again later on to let you know whether I'm going :)

You'll have to get used to it Mark

Reading the security update they are binning tapatalk compatibility due to it's security being out of date and flaky.

There will also be a new look to quite a bit of the Forum that's why for now some of its features have disappeared

Will be interested to hear from you Neil regarding the 7mm as I am looking to replace my 6mm standard ep. 

eric

No problem Eric I haven't got the 7mm or the 25mm yet,but you have got your 25mm do you know

Where it came from lee said he will try there southern shop

Neil

Archived