Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

The baader morpheus sound like nice eyepieces so maybe something else to look at?

I was looking at those, and the good thing is that, like the Hyperions, they can be used with the integrated M43 adaptor thread for attaching onto your DSLR for afocal imaging.

They have been reviewed in November's S@N magazine, which is worth a read.

As Mark says though, I'm not sure if anyone has them in stock yet.

Price-wise they are comparable to the ES82s, but on the plus size the Baader have both 1.25" and 2" barrel size in the one EP.

All things to think about if your scope only takes 1.25" barrel size.

Browsing and choosing is half the fun anyway - enjoy :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I might just get the Hyperions and a coma corrector. That way I get some good eyepieces and at a really good price. The only extra expense is the corrector.

As a posed to the £167 per eyepiece for the Morpheus

Mark

Think I might just get the Hyperions and a coma corrector. That way I get some good eyepieces and at a really good price. The only extra expense is the corrector.

As a posed to the £167 per eyepiece for the Morpheus Mark

Also, if you go for the starter set in the flight case, you'll probably get a good deal from Lee, and with the addition of the fine tuning rings, you'll be able to achieve a full range of focal lengths :)

As a posed to the £167 per eyepiece for the Morpheus

Mark

What F ratio is your scope Mark? 

It's the 200pds it's f4 so fast Mark

Speak to Lee before you buy the Hyperions, as I'm wondering if both your scopes are going to be too fast for them - isn't your Altair Astro an f/5?

Think they will struggle once you get below f/7 but check with him for advice :)

Iv been to see him to day I will need a coma corrector for the pds. He said that unless I want to do a focal then the celestron x-cels would be just as good. They are only 60 degree field of view as a posed to 68 degrees and cheaper

But the 8 degrees would not make that much difference

Mark

Iv been to see him to day I will need a coma corrector for the pds. He said that unless I want to do a focal then the celestron x-cels would be just as good. They are only 60 degree field of view as a posed to 68 degrees and cheaper. But the 8 degrees would not make that much difference. Mark

The Celestron X-Cels come very well reviewed. I'm sure they will give you excellent viewing :)

Ventured out of the pub at 9.20 and noticed the moon through cloud. So rushed home, grabbed the camera with a telephoto lens and stole a few shots. No prizes for quality but you can see Aldebaran as a tiny dot almost touching the moon on the left side. Seconds later, Aldebaran vanished behind the Moon. Can you see it?

(Tap the pic then zoom in to see)post-2759-0-87629700-1446157662_thumb.jppost-2759-0-38711500-1446157689_thumb.jp

Ventured out of the pub at 9.20 and noticed the moon through cloud. So rushed home, grabbed the camera with a telephoto lens and stole a few shots. No prizes for quality but you can see Aldebaran as a tiny dot almost touching the moon on the left side. Seconds later, Aldebaran vanished behind the Moon. Can you see it?

Well done - yes, I can see it - just! :)

What time is it due to reappear? I think it is still too cloudy here to see anything other than the moon.

Well done - yes, I can see it - just! :)

What time is it due to reappear? I think it is still too cloudy here to see anything other than the moon.

Should be reappearing about now on the right side..look with binoculars ...it's a great view.

I was shooting through cloud.

I can see Aldebaran in my 10x42 just appear on the dark shadow side. The cloud is quite thick so can't make out the rest of the Hyades

Just been out with the 10 x 50's and could make it out intermittently through the clouds!

Looks great, but not worth setting the camera up as I think the cloud is too thick.

Worth a look with the binos though :)

Just been out with the 10 x 50's and could make it out intermittently through the clouds!

Looks great, but not worth setting the camera up as I think the cloud is too thick.

Worth a look with the binos though :)

Glad we saw something...not a total cloud out after all :-)

Thanks Soupy..had to rush home (not a district in Manchester) and left third of a pint. Thought you were back in Hudds tonight.

Haha... Not like you to leave beer in the bottom of the glass!

Not back till Sunday evening

Archived